![]() |
| (will at 2) |
We had to put our precious dog Mocha to rest on Monday 11/7/11, she was 13.
she was always there to comfort, protect, play, cuddle and all.
![]() |
| (will at 2) |
she's out of pain now and that is good, but we will miss her so much and our house will never feel the same.
a boy and his dog.
Will spoke to her like his best friend. She listened. She would try and get up to his room to lay beside his bed even when she could barely walk. She would sit beside the boys as they played.
she waited until will had gone on a trip to let go, selfless to the very end. she seemed to always be genuinely concerned for us, wanting to let us know it is alright.
when i lost a baby a few years ago, she was beside me and would lay her head on my lap and just sit with me. she didn't need an explanation from me or need me to be ok. when i lost my grandmother she comforted me.
when will hurt himself she would come over to make sure he was alright. when he would get in trouble he would go hide under a blanket with her, she would lay and wait with him.
she loved to run around the mountain where we live, she would explore and always come home afterward. she knew where home was.
she would never bark unless totally necessary. she was a protector without being aggressive.
what a good friend she was to us.
always there to pick up the pieces (will)
| always there to stand beside (will) |
| always there in the midst of fun |
![]() |
| Always there to lean on and lay your head in her fur |
| always there to talk to |
![]() |
| always there to push up against (this is Jack as a baby) |
"Nothing in my hand I bring, Simply to Thy cross I cling" Please visit my Clay blog to see what I've been up to in the studio @ anniesingletary.com










6 comments:
Annie, I am so very sorry for your loss of Mocha, and for Will and Jack's saddness too. (and Dan). I love this post since it is an incredible tribute to Mocha and how much she loved your family and your family loved her. She was an amazingly sweet dog and like your love for Mocha I feel the same way with Skyler.. cannot imagine losing her. :(
Oh so sweet, so sad, love you Annie!
I'm so sorry annie. Sending love your way.
Well tears have begun to flow...
Aww, I'm sad. Goodbye Mocha. Such a sweet dog and part of your family. Love you, Annie.
Babe, I haven't been checking blogs for a while, so I missed this. I am so very sorry for the loss you are experiencing, having to let Mocha go. Although you are already fully aware that she is out of pain, and had lived a full, loved life... that doesn't mean you won't miss her terribly. I understand that struggle and I feel for you and your boys.
Post a Comment