Boys will be Boys and Boston
I had a brief moment of inspiration on the blog front and wanted to get it all down this instant. Well....with 2 wild boys around that instant flew by about 5 hours ago. o well.
Quick recap on life:
Will is learning more and more everyday. He continues to amaze us with his witty statements and his creativity. The guy can dance like nothing i've ever seen. His teacher asked us why he might get upset when someone knocked against him when they were dancing in class and we had to tell her its because of us. We are his biggest fans and praise him almost every night for his dancing skills. We've held off a little since then.
His obsession with talking about battles, killing, guns, poopy, bottoms, butts and anything else gross has completely thrown me. I've no idea how to deal with these things and reading Dr. Dobsons, "bringing up boys" did not help. My newest idea is, Boys will be boys.
He loves his brother and is so kind to him, although gets quite upset when Jack offers his 'help'. He is still so dramatic, which he comes by honestly. I love being his mom, it's also hard to see your child struggle with things you know are hard because you struggle with them yourself. Dan and i both see things like that in Will. We just pray that we can foster those struggles into good paths that out of ashes beauty would arise. The hard part is allowing him to go through the struggle. I find myself wanting to fix it all for him.
But, alas, we had a hilarious victory! The other day his amazing lego castle broke apart and i said, "aw man" (waiting for a breakdown from him). He said, "Mom, don't get upset, it wasn't stable, this time i will make more stable, watch!"
Praise the good Lord for these moments when all the 'pieces' fall into place!
Jack's personality is really coming out. He is the silliest guy. He is happiest when all eyes are on him, he will whine a little if he feels forgotten. He does a great job of getting attention too, whether its a little smile, a little hug or pat pat, a kiss, batting those long eyelashes, dancing, running around like a wild man, clapping, stomping like an elephant, etc. He's got us wrapped, well me really. He's a little lover for sure! He's a cuddly little guys and it amazes me how he can be so BOY and so sweet and affectionate at the same time.
He think his brother is hilarious, which his Will thinks is so awesome! Jack just laughs and laughs at Will and we can see the wonder in his eyes as he stares at him cracking up at his every move. I remember looking at my older sister like this. I just thought everything she did was the best. It's fun to see this in our boys.
He also has such a love for animals and has such a gentle touch and if you listen closely sometimes he even whispers to them.
And.....speaking of animals. I think it's about time i post about Boston. Our newest Singletary. We adopted him from the Springer Spaniel Rescue and he has been such a blessing to us. He is 4 years old and was turned into a shelter in South Carolina because his owners could no longer care for him. When the ESRA picked him up from the shelter he looked aweful and was completely matted and was heartworm positive. Through several weeks of grooming and healthcare, they got him back to a good place. All the while they said he was one of sweetest Springers they had seen, so calm and smiling through all he had been through. I swear I'm not a crazy dog person, but this rescue process got me on the verge of it. These people are incredible, they are all volunteers and are so kind hearted. When we met Boston there was a special connection. We knew we had found a special dog when all the people that had been caring for him told us they would adopt him in a heartbeat. I seriously prayed for a good dog for our family after Mocha died, a dog that would be a lot like her. I know it was bold to ask for such a lofty thing, but i really think God brought Boston to us. He has his issues, but he is so sweet to the boys and he loves us, i really think he feels like he's home.
Dan has been working his little tush off. They are doing some great stuff over at Camp Timberlake and Merri-Mac. He is a great Dad and has helped me a ton lately to get some long runs in as well as long bouts of studio time. He has been honing in on his dancing skills as well, we brag on him a lot too! Hopefully he will get to go fishing this week and and take a long well-deserved break!
Ive been working hard in the studio and trying to be thankful for what i have been given (which is everything).
I am running the Black Mountain Marathon this weekend. I can't believe it is time for it already. I got all my long runs in and felt great about it and then last week got a sinus infection. I so hope this has not affected me tremendously. Thanks to my sweet doc brother in law, i got better quickly!
I've been honest with God and myself as to my worries about it all and i've gotten some clarity that has freed me up a lot, IT DOESNT MATTER! AHHH, can you feel my relief? I sure can. I think i will have a grande ol' time!
"Nothing in my hand I bring, Simply to Thy cross I cling" Please visit my Clay blog to see what I've been up to in the studio @ anniesingletary.com
2 comments:
awwww, I have missed yall!!
Annie.. love the blog post and all your insights into your two sweet boys and boston! I love hearing about raising kids and the trials that come with it, it eases my heart as I know those are days to come. love you all and best of luck for the race! I am sure you will do awesome!!
Post a Comment