Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Jack

here he is, all 4 1/2 months of him. i could just squeeze him and kiss him all day.
He and Will love eachother so much. the bond between them is already so strong.
jack is going to be tough because will loves so 'hard'.
he laughs all the time now....mostly at will.
he has rolled over one time from front to back, it's tough getting a big ol' belly over.
Jack loves attention and needs at least one person watching him at all times.
he loves mocha and lays with his feet on her a lot of times. she for some reason likes to come and lay at his feet. i think she feels this is the only way she can get attention....poor girl.


life has been up and down a lot lately. motherhood is not a task for the light hearted, that is for sure. some days i'm a great mom and a bad wife, some days a good wife and a bad mom. Rarely the two are balanced. I'm glad i can rest in the arms of Jesus and know that i am loved. Knowing this everday is hard.

however, when i look in the eyes of baby Jack i am amazed at how much God loves me, because i remember wanting so badly to have another child and experiencing loss. and now, here he is right in front of me. all 20-licious pounds of him. i love this kid.....as will likes to say.


 



"Nothing in my hand I bring, Simply to Thy cross I cling" Please visit my Clay blog to see what I've been up to in the studio @ anniesingletary.com

11 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh Annie! I can't get over how big Jack has gotten! They do grow up so fast.
I enjoyed this blog since it is a good reminder for me to know that I too will struggle and be a good mom/bad wife on some days and on others a bad mom/good wife. I'm sure finding that balance is difficult. But looking to Jesus is the key. Such wisdom u have my dear!

The McVicker Family said...

Love those boys, Annie! I have to see them soon! I think all of us Moms find ourselves needing Jesus more now than ever! But, He answers our prayers and gives us the joy, patience, wisdom, strength, grace, and love that we need to serve our husbands and children and the others around us! I love you!

Becky Swann said...

Oh Jack, I love him, and I also love your mother's perspective:)

MC said...

Wow- I just want to meet that guy- pick him up and squeeze him too! He's so cuddly and cute. Love that pic of Mocha. Annie, you are wonderful EVERY. DAY.

lizza said...

at least you're never a bad wife AND a bad mom on the same day...

i love you and miss you all so much! give those little boys a kiss from pencie and me (and the big boy, too, of course).

Jessica said...

sweetheart! I cant believe he is 20 lbs.... you grow some strong boys. In heart and body!!!

JTP said...

what a great post...believe me- everyone has a hard time balancing the 2- I obviously did not do such a good job :-) Jack is soooo sweetie pie looking- I love his hair!!!!!!!!!!!

Byerly said...

20-licious pounds for sure!! Isn't is so wonderful that Will is so sweet to Jack?...it's a precious bond!

Margaret said...

Sweet Jack!! I bet you balance them more than you give yourself credit for! So wonderful seeing you and your sweet boys :)

Heidi King said...

Oh my gosh...I miss seeing him! What a cutie pie and I love that will loves him so hard. You are amazing and I dearly love you honest example you live...you are just lovely, Annie.

Just April... said...

I agree with Heidi - you are an honest example and it is refreshing to read life from your perspective.