Tuesday, August 3, 2010

good things


somehow i have made 375 mugs and i'm almost finished with their final stage of firing. Half of them are packed up and ready to deliver. Crestridge and Ridgecrest and then our own Merri-Mac and Timberlake commissioned me to make their staff gifts. I don't usually post about my ceramics on here but i have to tell you of my experience today.



My kiln shut off today about 2 pm, the breaker tripped. i started it again 3 times and it tripped again and again. i checked the breaker and it was burning hot. i remained relatively calm considering.
Dan and I called our electrician, John Clegg. within an hour he was at our house having left another job to help in my dire circumstances. It was fixed within 30 min.
Amazing! I was so grateful. Dan and i are so thankful to him and also are happy to be in a small town where people really care.

and here of course is the little guy, what a funny little dude he is. he's been a major trooper through mommy working so hard in the studio.
i love the outfits he puts together, he's been going shirtless a lot lately.




"Nothing in my hand I bring, Simply to Thy cross I cling"Please visit my Clay blog to see what I've been up to in the studio @ anniesingletary.com

12 comments:

Sunday Grant Photography said...

Oh my goodness! Awesome. You are amazing and so is John

Becky Swann said...

So glad you got it fixed, I would have been letting the dirty words fly in that situation!
Way to go with all those mugs! So impressed!

KatieKate said...

Look at all those mugs!!! I love seeing similar things all lined up... it's a weird thing of mine, but maybe you understand.

And, shirtless on a three year-old is verrrrrry cute. Especialy with a helmet :)

Jessica said...

WOW!! How fabulous for you to make all those mugs. Great work!!

Byerly said...

You're pregnant, have a little one at home, and you can make all those mugs?! How?! You must be some kind of superhero!!

TotallyToTheT said...

He has an eye for fashion. A "Cars" helmet and knee pads with bumble bee galoshes. Now THAT is hip! :)

Glad you were able to get your kiln fixed on short notice.

Heidi King said...

You are a superhero...mug-o-mama? or Can-do-Annie? I know Becky could come up with such cooler names. I think you are fantastic though and I love everything you create from mugs to children!

Courtney said...

Annie.. that is alot of mugs... and how cool that all those camps got you to do this! So very very cool! I wish I was working at camp so I could get one... course I know I can just order one! ;)

Love that Will too! Can't wait to see you this weekend!

Margaret said...

WOW!! That is a lotta mugs! They are gorgeous. And Will is such a cutie. Hope you are well, miss seeing you!

MC and Brian Phillips said...

I know those staff members are gonna LOVE those mugs! You are awesome. How are you these days? Are you ready for that baby to get here? I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Annie, I didn't know about the trouble with your kiln. Thank the Lord for friends!!!!! The mugs are fantastic; the photo of all of them together is beautiful. Love, Mom

Jessica Rodriguez said...

Annie, that is Amazing that you are doing all those mugs for a commission! Thanks for sharing. I am not sure I would have been as calm as you when the kiln stopped working. :)