I cannot believe i just typed that out above, it was the first thing that popped into my head for this post. Is it possible that i could be converted?
absolutely not
let me explain. before i do a whole long blog about our vacation we just took i have to tell you about Dan and Will and their love and obsession with each other and all things BOY.
(grass seed on Dan's head put there by Will)Dan said, "i'm taking will with me into the woods to kill a rabbit".
I said, "ok, have fun".....thinking that they would be pretending and it would be so fun for will to pretend to do that with his loving father.
15 minutes later
They walk up with a dead rabbit, Will saying "mom, look we got one we got one, it's dead"

Tears welled up in my eyes and honestly i could have fallen over because of the pain in my heart. I seriously was so sad. I have never liked hunting. I know that it's something that has bonded Dan and his dad and i knew this was coming. I mean i married a hunter. But a poor bunny? seriously?
The anger welled up in me and i said to Dan in front of Will, "great, you killed the easter bunny".
I thought it was funny because i always deal with sadness with inappropriate comments.......dan did not laugh and neither did will.
But, all i could picture was another little boy on the other side of Dan. A team of 3, against me, the lone sad ranger.
And i sat down and prayed once again for a girl. I know i shouldn't say it out loud, but really i need some estrogen over here. A little friction she may bring, but i really do need a partner to be sad about dead bunnies with. PLEASE LORD> so i would ask you all to pray that this happens for me. May 11th we will find out the sex of this child and then i will have 6 more months to be ok with having another boy. but until then, a girl can dream right.
ok i do have mocha. She's probably fine with them killing rabbits though, heck she would probably do it herself if she could.
I love my men and i would love another if it is so."Nothing in my hand I bring,
Simply to Thy cross I cling"
Please visit my Clay blog to see what I've been up to in the studio @ anniesingletary.com
7 comments:
ahh, boys and hunting. I don't understand it in the least. I do hope you have a sweet little girl next that will be appalled at the thought of shooting a little rabbit.
heres to a girl...... I probably would have said the same thing!
Oh my gosh I'm so glad Jeremiah isn't a murderer like your husband is.
I just thought I would make myself sound really angry there.
I hope you have a girl Annie but if you don't, think of those long hunting trips they will all take and you can get the house to yourself!
That picture of Will putting grass seed on Dan's head is awesome I think it's Dan's face that makes it so funny.
Oh my goodness - what a story. I will join you in prayer for a girl:o)
One of my favorite parts of this article is Will's t-shirt in the rabbit photo. Zoom in on it, it is classic...and good advice for a mother who is coming to terms with her boy's love for hunting.
thanks for all the prayers. becky, don't be so angry.
scott, you are soooo right. good observation.
it's funny, because dan's blog asked us all to pray for another boy and for god to plant a seed of change in your heart that you might wake up to the beauty of taking an animal's life with your own hands...
and i notice you left out the part about how delicious the rabbit was!!
i love you, annie
Post a Comment