Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The time has come....

i would love to tell everyone that will and i have been doing lots of art, reading, etc. etc. that goes along with being a great mom. however, i have to confess, he has been watching a lot of movies. and i his mother have decided to forgive myself for this.

you see i've been hovering over the great white porcelain god for the past few days, it was just an occasional visit, now it has become more like a home for me. i have gotten some wonderful medicine that kept the visits to twice today, which is a complete and utter miracle. praise the good Lord for medicine!!!

now, here are some thoughts, since i've had some time to be thinking and all.


will is quite the artist, even though our art making has been minimal the past few days. he does not like to use finger paints as they are meant for, rather, he prefers paint brushes and not his little people kind, grown up skinny paint brushes.
he paints very strategically painting small strokes and then he likes to put a large blob on the paper. he tells us amazing stories based on what he has done. for instance, "here is the gun, here is the fire, it went all the way up and out of the building, can you believe that? then the guy found the gun and killed the bad guys"
yes, we definitely have a BOY on our hands.


but, I have to say, a very very sweet boy indeed. he brought his stool up to the toilet as i was throwing up the other morning and sat by me and patted my back saying, "mom, that is grody, it's gonna be ok, you want to hold my fire car?"

the above is what will has been wearing, just to paint a clear picture of how this household has been lately, he dresses himself and i just love it. i mean, would i let him wear his pajama shirt and camo sweats with his cousins too big baseball shoes to school, probably not.
but it's really cute.


o and here is my sweet darling. what a man i have. he has been nothing but gracious to me in my state. reminding me all the way he's proud of me. he says everyday, "I'm so proud of you", which i've been thinking about a lot. It's really a great thing to hear because i feel very useless in life right now and it's just the perfect thing.

and last but definitely not least, here is baby singletary at 9 weeks.
we are so proud of this little baby growing and thriving. praise the good Lord for this life. we continue to covet prayers as this baby grows.

i have been so excited by all the new little lives that have come and that are coming soon, it's just such a wonderful time in life to see families expanding and brothers and sisters being made out of first borns. it just doesn't seem that long ago that i was starting this blog because will had just come into this world. Dan had to convince me to start it because i had no idea what a blog was. my how the times have changed in such a short period.

i leave you with this that has been making me laugh non stop. sent to me by a friend.
you have to look at his other reviews too!!!





"Nothing in my hand I bring,
Simply to Thy cross I cling"
Please visit my Clay blog to see what I've been up to in the studio @ anniesingletary.com

11 comments:

Jessica said...

I think if your this sick already it means its a girl!!!

Becky Swann said...

Oh my I am so sorry you have been so sick. Don't you dare feel guilty for watching movies, pregnancy sickness (note I didn't say morning sicking because that is clearly a LIE) is one of the worst things in the universe! And you just gotta do what you gotta do to get through it, and if Will wants to come to crafts with Aunt Becky he is welcome to any time and you can even come throw up in my potty for a change of scenery if you need it...gross:)
I love you and I'm here for you and I am praying for that little one inside you who is starting to remind me alot of Ellen:)
I promise you you won't be pregnant forever...I really think so (just had to throw that in) (Clifford wisdom)

Sunday Grant Photography said...

How sweet of Will to come in there and help you. What a sweet boy. I am so thankful you got some medicine. I will pray that it continues to work better and better. I hate that you have been getting sick! Will is welcome to
come here and play. It is a bit selfish on my part because BellaRose would love it! Please take me up on that. This pregnancy already seems to be flying by. 10 weeks! My goodness. That is also very sweet of Dan. He is a good man and we are all very proud of you. Baby Sunday I mean Singeltary is precious!

JTP said...

i am so sorry you are sick! Will could not be more precious... I'll be praying you start to feel better asap!

Courtney said...

Oh Annie.. I am so sorry you have been so sick. I can only imagine what that is like.. but sweet Will sitting on his stool beside you rubbing your back is just precous! I agree with Becky about not feeling guilty! And doing what you have to do to get by.. there is a light at the end of that tunnel and you will have plenty of time for crafts and books etc.. so don't let that worry you!
Love you! I'll let you know how the run goes.. since you are running through me.. I'm going to try to channel Annie as I'm running!! = )

Heidi King said...

Annie, I know this is sooo hard and even harder having a little one at home. Don't feel guilty...it is the beginning of preparation for him too being an older brother. God is working in you both. This too shall pass. What a sweet heart your little man has to come in and rub your back and let you hold his fire car! In your weakness now a mighty thing is happening...I love you!

Julie said...

I feel for you so much with all this sickness. Yuck. I pray the time goes by quickly.

I love will's pictures. He is definitely all boy!

KatieKate said...

Aw, punkin. I, along with the rest of the world, hope you feel better soon. I love that Will gave you his fire car. THAT is love.

Kudos to your hubby and kid for surviving without you. I know you feel useless, but you're going a human and that's hard work :)

A nice hoodie should make you feel a little better this weekend.

love you.

Sunday Grant Photography said...

Annie I am so proud of you!!!! You finally updated your blog list. Thank you!!! You have just made my midnight feedings so much easier. Now I know who actually updates their blogs.

Becky Swann said...

Oh and by the way your new pregnant name is Midge!

Niki said...

Oh annie, I am so so so sorry you've been sick!
I am so glad you have such an understanding son, though! What a sweetie he is. He is also welcome to come over here anytime! We would love to have him. I will be praying that you are better soon! I am glad Dan is there to encourage you.
That Barbie is unbelievable!