Monday, March 22, 2010

Helloooooo.

Well since my last post things have been looking up people. After i got on this miracle of a drug, zofran, my pregnancy sickness subsided after about a week of taking it. I am now 12 weeks and feel pretty good. I have to say, life is much much easier. I thought for a while there Will would have to become his own parent when Dan wasn't home. Woohoo, back to parenting it has been for about 2 weeks!!! ok, well one, we've been gone the second.

thankfully i started feeling better before out trip to Atlantic City, New Jersey for a camp conference. Lee Lee and Pop Pop, came to visit and kept Will so we could go on this 4 day trip.


Needless to say, Will had a blast. He just loves them so much and feels so secure when they are with him. He didn't even flinch when we said goodbye, what a great feeling for a parent. They did all kinds of fun things. Lee Lee and Will even made green sprinkles cookies for his class on green day. Thank you so much you guys. what blessing you are to us. He misses you a lot.



And, here we are in Atlantic City. Anne Archer, an old friend and the camp intern went with us which added to the fun so much. All of our names went very well together, which made it easy for people to remember us.

Anne and Dan on the boardwalk, you know the Bette Midler song "under the boardwalk"?, well the song doesn't talk about how dirty it is under there. I hate to say that but it's a sad place.
Here we had found some pretty beach, i think this is more what it looks like in the summer, because apparently it is still very popular and nicer in the summer.

I liked the walk from the boardwalk that took you onto the beach, nice architecture lines.
And here is the trump plaza, where we stayed. Although it is not owned by him at this time, he will take it back over soon they say.
We did go to the casino with no hopes of anything and alas, our assumptions were correct.
It was really sad place, lots of people sitting at these slot machines or gambling tables getting free alcohol as they lost a lot of money.

Ok, there is a positive side to all this. The camp conference was very good. I got very excited about camp again, as was the intention of adam and dan.
This was the tri-state conference so mostly northern camps were there and it was great to here so many different perspectives. My favorite talk i went to was about Homesickness.
It was all about preparation before they get to camp, because we all know if you understand what you are getting into you feel much better.

My other favorite was called Games and Simon revisited. Yes, simon says people. I forgot how fun camp is, in this talk we played simon says the entire talk. It was about using simon says as a way to get kids where you want them how you want them. Can't wait to implement this into my parenting skills with Will and this baby.....what if i used simon says so much with them that they thought that's how the world operated.......funny thought.

off to check your blogs, i've been behind, can't wait to see what's going on with you people.





"Nothing in my hand I bring,
Simply to Thy cross I cling"
Please visit my Clay blog to see what I've been up to in the studio @ anniesingletary.com

7 comments:

Courtney said...

funny...this morning i just blogged about what i learned about homesickness at Merri-Mac as we just left Berkley for only the 2nd time. life long lessons i guess!

Courtney said...

I'm so glad you blogged.. it seems everyone has been behind so don't feel bad.

Sounds like a really cool and insightful trip! I like the Simon says stuff too.. good idea.. "if you make it a game, they will like it"... ha!

Jealous that you were able to see Anne also! She is such a sweetie!

JTP said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better!!! What sweet pictures of Will :-)

Becky Swann said...

I would love it if you used Simon says so much that Will grew up thinking Simon really existed. Like Jacob on Lost!
Glad you got to get away and have fun and are feeling better, lots of blessings!!!

Heidi King said...

I liked these pics...what great grandparents Will has. Glad you guys had fun, your feeling better, and glad you are back in town!

Niki said...

I'm so glad you felt better for that trip! And just glad you are feeling better in general. Sounds like so much fun. I am so impressed that Will was just so cool with you guys leaving. He is amazing.

So, is green day your way of saying St. Patrick's Day or does his school really have a green day?

Jessie said...

annie, i meant to tell you today at amsave, that i completely related to what you said about will having to parent himself. my story on this, is that one day, while pregnant w/ finn, i was so sick that i asked olive to get lucy (who was about 15 months) a snack b/c i couldn't get off the couch, and next thing i know, olive (3) is dumping out a box of crackers on the floor for her and lucy went to town on it like she was an animal! and i was grateful.

i used to go in their room, shut the door, and sleep on their beds while they played. just so i could make sure that they were safe while i was sleeping. anyways, so glad it's getting better for you!