Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Warrior

I've been meaning to post this picture for a while. Will and Ryland were taking turns acting like warriors one day not too long ago. I asked them, "Hey guys what are you up to?"
They replied almost in unison, "We're Warriors"

totally forgot to tell even his mom Heidi about this, sad that i have such a short memory, but alas something triggered my memory tonight!!!



something happened today that i really want to remember.
Dan was putting will to bed and this conversation happened:
Will: "Dad, robot monkey (his sock monkey) was bad, he needs a spanking"
Dan: "O, ok"
Will: gives robot monkey a spanking turns robot monkey around and says, "It's ok, your forgiven and i love you let's hug"
then will turned to dan and said, "he's getting bigger and bigger dadda"

I think we are turning a big corner here at the singletarys.
It's nice when you get to witness things clicking.

that forgiveness is what the discipline is about, that the love and the hug and the healing is where it's at. and if there weren't any consequences we wouldn't be giving will the tools to deal with difficult things......or difficult stuffed animals.

all that to say.
I'm excited for this year. i'm hopeful for many things.

I have a hard time being hopeful these days because we had some hard things last year.
but, looking back I can honestly say, I'm so glad it's a new year and i think i will listen to my good good friends in their wisdom to Let Go of all that and HOPE.




"Nothing in my hand I bring,
Simply to Thy cross I cling"
Please visit my Clay blog to see what I've been up to in the studio @ anniesingletary.com

11 comments:

Julie said...

Can I just say how much I love the "nothing in my hand I bring" quote at the end of your posts. Rock of Ages is definitely one of my favorite songs. Wait, is that a direct quote from scripture that is in that song as well? Well, whatever, I love it.

The picture is too cute. Will needs to play warriors with Caleb and Adam sometime. :)

I also like that monkey-spanking story.....it is a beautiful reflection of good sound parenting in my opinion. (insert a Micheal Scott quote here on the monkey spanking).....couldn't resist

longest comment ever......

Julie said...

PS. Loved having you in kickboxing Monday!

MelissaCoates said...

Annie-I find your blog so refreshing. When did you get so wise? Keep posting...

FYI-this picture just made my morning! He looks so sweet standing there with his little Mickey Mouse sword.

Heidi King said...

Oh my gosh...I have chills all over my arms from the sweet wise spirit filled words. I love your family and what an awesome conversation with Will. Touching...

Heidi King said...

Funny that Ryland isn't looking so much like a warrior...more like the lawn man...Will's got the power stance though doesn't he.

Courtney said...

Annie.. I so enjoy reading your blogs because you always remind me of Jesus and what He is all about.. just make your heart smile!

Sunday Grant Photography said...

I agree with what everyone wrote above me! I also LOVE that picture and Will's stance. It is perfect.

Jessica said...

Here is to 2010. The year of the Singletary!!

Byerly said...

Sweet, sweet boy!! He is so blessed to have you and Dan to teach him discipline and love. It's a gift that will last a lifetime.

Becky Swann said...

It is good to be a warrior.
With Will and Ryland standing guard this year has got to be better:) I know one thing for sure, Everything God has in store for you is because he loves you so much.
and of course because we are just getting bigger and bigger:) right Will? he is so funny!

Niki said...

I am so glad you captured that warrior moment, Annie! That is perfect! Thanks for sharing the forgiveness story too. That must have been such an encouraging thing for you and Dan to hear. I love the "let's hug" part. Cute.