Thursday, January 14, 2010

some things of importance.

BEING BRAVE
Lee Lee is tough, hiking through the snow from the car they had to park at the bank down the street because their road wasn't scraped for almost 2 weeks.


BEING PRESENT IN EVERY MOMENT
Pop Pop takes time to read with will at barnes and noble (a favorite spot in the winter).

BEING TOGETHER
My mom and dad and lee. So glad to get Will's grandparents together and his cousin and aunt lizza too.
Sometimes it's hard getting a big group together, coordinating and such. But, I think it is so worth it. I love seeing will be so proud and excited and loved.


BEING DEVOTED
Ahhh. the football star himself. Well, not really, but his fantasy football league online won. the man won his entire league. i'm proud. Maybe even as proud as Brett Favres wife (even though Dan is not that old).

BEING JOYFUL EVEN IN SIMPLE THINGS
and here he is. with the tattoo that didn't go away until 2 weeks later.
the kid is amazing. he cheered and cheered for ole miss and they won their bowl game. i was very into it, his enthusiasm rubbed off on me.

ever since reading The Blind Side and seeing the movie and Dan winning his fantasy league, I think I'm going to be a football fan in 2010.
that's my only resolution, because i see the pain in my husbands, dad's, in-laws and sister-in-laws eyes when i don't sit with them and watch.
So, here's to my one resolution. Cheers.


"Nothing in my hand I bring, Simply to Thy cross I cling"
Please visit my Clay blog to see what I've been up to in the studio @ anniesingletary.com

10 comments:

Sunday Grant Photography said...

SO sweet!!!

Jessica said...

yes sooooo sweet. I am gald your blogging again. I have missed you!

KatieKate said...

loooove your new banner at the top

And, I am very proud of your resolution for 2010 :)

Courtney said...

Oh Annie.. I love these! All wonderful reminders! And I love the new photo of Will at the top with the quote! (such a great quote!) I also love the idea of bumper stickers! = )

I'm with you on the football thing too.. though I haven't read or seen the Blind Side yet (I need/want too) but my husband is WAY into it.. and I'm not so much.. so I should add that to my resolutions also! Heck, we could do it together and encourage each other.. (check in on game days and see what our gameday plans are etc!) I mean Paul even has a certian shirt her wears every gameday.. the same one all season.. hardcore baby!

Becky Swann said...

Annie I love this post and I love the line at the end! Way to be thankful for the many things God has given us and realizing also that they are given to us and we don't have to bring anything with us to the cross. This really touched me! You are a dear dear friend and I love you!

Byerly said...

That post warmed my heart!

Jason and Jennifer Haynes said...

Goooooooooooo DAWGS! SICKEM!...you know the rest Courtney! You know you're a football fan deep down, and Annie, you could totally cheer for the Dawgs and that would make Dan so happy (never mind they haven't been that good so he'd make fun of you).

Seriously though I think that would be a great resolution and most of all I loved the sweet picture illustrations of family attributes (they're like inspirational posters except not cliche). You are so humble and remarkable.

Julie said...

I loved this post. Couldn't agree more! Except on the football. I refuse to watch sports, but Seth really doesn't watch them much so I don't have to. :)

Heidi King said...

What a wonderful sweet post...and life reminder. I do love your perspective! And that picture and quote at the top is perfect. Love it all and love you.

Niki said...

I love the pride and "no duh" look on Will's face when I asked him about his tattoo. He was like, COME ON Who doesn't know who the Ole Miss rebels are?

I love all your being statements. This post makes me want to pay more attention to the people and moments in my life. Thanks, Annie.