Tuesday, December 15, 2009

It's been a great 8 years.

Dan and I got married in Montreat, NC at the chapel of the prodigal. I had just turned 22 and dan was 25. We were so young and he had no idea that he was marrying a woman with such gusto (nice way of saying stubborn).

When i sit down to think about why i really fell in love with him besides the good looks,
how fun he is and the kind heart he has, it's because he knew who i really was in Christ and he would not let me settle for staying in my comfort zone. Dan was the first male i had ever been around that wouldn't let me remain in my ways. He called me out on my you know what. The funny thing was, I wanted to be better. I wanted what he had, a peaceful and confident heart because he knew what Jesus had done for him and he lived in that freedom.
"Cling to the crucified, jesus the lamb who died, cling to the crucified, jesus the king"
That's what dan is all about.....and that is why i'm so thankful that it's been 8 sometimes quite challenging but wonderous, miraculous years.

Something Dan often says to me when i'm having a tough time (ok being a mean girl), is
"annie, do you know how much you are loved?" (i know some of you are laughing at the annie part, but that's what he really says).
He doesn't mean loved by him, although that is true amazing as it is. He means, loved by my Savior, the omniscient one, maker of heaven and earth. And since he loves me i can rest and be at peace with whatever may come.

Thank you honey for loving me, caring for me and calling me to live in the freedom of who i am in Christ.



Please visit my Clay blog to see what I've been up to in the studio @ anniesingletary.com/blog/

11 comments:

Sunday Grant Photography said...

what an amazing post Annie!!! Your love letter to Dan is also a love letter to Christ. AWESOME!

JTP said...

what a great post annie!!!

Becky Swann said...

What a man you have in Dan! ;)
I love that your relationship with Dan is such a testimony for Christ! I know that you both loving eachother has been such a testimony to us as well!

Margaret said...

that was really beautiful. Happy Anniversary Annie!

Courtney said...

oh you two are so sweet! And many congrats are in order for 8 years! That is wonderful! You two are so precious and both push others to freedom in Christ! I've been blessed to know you both!

Niki said...

Thanks for sharing this Annie! It is so encouraging to see the way God has used Dan to remind you of His love. And I needed a little encouragement today. :)

Byerly said...

Eight years? We certainly aren't old enough for it to have been 8 years:o) What a sweet, sweet post. Happy Anniversay!

TMB said...

happy anniversary!!

i remember the wedding, kinda like it was yesterday...you looked beautiful! you always do!

hope ya'll had a special day!!
xo

Just April... said...

What a fabulous husband! Thanks for sharing - I got a little teary reading his reminder to you of how much you are loved by Christ!

Melanie said...

Happy Anniversary! I'd love to see you sometime...let me know when you are free.

Jason and Jennifer Haynes said...

I thought I had commented on this a while ago hmmm (did you moderate me?) Love the depth and complete openness of this post. You have an incredible man...and I have to say,he's pretty darn blessed to have you too!

Seriously though, I was swept into the sweetness of this post when all of a sudden you wrote "Annie,..." and it was all over because I was laughing and wondering if Dan really said your name - and then you answered in the post! Hilarious! Oh I do do do so much love you!

Happy 8 years!