Good good things
Lately it's been a little bit hard to remain positive.
There are still uncertainties about the miscarriage, so I've been getting a lot of blood taken and going to the doctor quite a bit. This abnormal pregnancy has been confusing and an unusual experience. I'm just in this sort of waiting time to see if everything passes naturally.
In the meantime, it's been difficult to keep thinking positively. I have a tendency to plan for the worst and prepare myself as much as possible for whatever the future holds.
This can get me into a bad place.
A place that feels like there is no hope.
It is easy to type that I have hope one day, but the next may be quite different.
It's just annoying that hormones are in this equation too, so the ups and downs are just drastic.
All that to say, I need to tell you and myself about some good good things.
My mom and Dad came last Saturday to celebrate my Dad's birthday. Happy Birthday Dad. We love you so much. Dan took him fishing and mom and will and I planted all day. Thanks guys for coming, it was so good. I of course have no pictures of this wonderful time because Dad won't send them, come on Fuba.
Will has been in swim lessons. Bella Rose and he have been learning the past two weeks how to kick and splash and jump into the water. It's been so exciting to watch Dan and Will be in the water together. Dan has such a way with Will, so much patience and love in the way he is with him. What a Dad.
And....what a husband. Everytime I look at the studio i'm overwhelmed that he would allow our family to invest in my career as a potter this much. I can't wait to get in there and make my first pot. Not long now.
Because of all of this difficulty that we've had the past week Aunt Katy came to visit me. We spent all day together, just the 3 of us. It was so much fun and did me a lot of good. Thank you for coming.
And finally, Lee Lee and Pop pop have come. They spontaneously hopped on a plane and came for few days to be with us. What a blessing they are. They always come and help us with whatever endless project we have at the time, this time being the studio and house painting.
Will is so happy to have them and so are we. He woke up from his nap so grumpy and then saw them and was completely content.
It's so amazing to have friends and family surround us in this confusing time we've had.
It makes it very very hard to lose hope. Which is why community is so crucial to life.
Thank you to all that have enveloped us in love.









6 comments:
Annie Friend,
Your studio is STUNNING. What a blessing to have your very own liitle shop. I pray it is a welcome source of quiet and creation in these strange and hard times :) We can't wait to see it one day!
Hi, Annie. Katie's right. The studio is AMAZING! I bet you are so excited to be in it.
I have just cried like crazy at each miscarriage I read about. It's such an aching experience and I just want you to know that I am thinking about you. It is wonderful that you are surrounded by so many loving people. You will get through this. Love to you, Dan, and Will!
Oh Annie! I love your family and I am so glad they could all come and just spend that time with you all during such a confusing time. I am still praying here!
The studio looks awesome! I can't wait for it to be done so you can really start spinning things!! So very exciting!!
Love you Annie! I'm glad you have your studio, I can't wait to see what you create! I have to come see it soon. I'm glad you have such wonderful family to support you! I am here for you too
you did post! i see what happened though. this is the post you have been working on for a couple of days. it is a beautiful post. we all love you so much and we are all here for you in whatever form you come in. you can have hope, or feel like there is no hope around us any day! the studio looks gorgeous! love the colors.
I just saw the Will turns 3 and he looks so big! Man, they grow up fast don't they!!
Thinking and praying for you Annie! i love you!
Post a Comment