Monday, March 9, 2009

Whoa!!
(note this is a little random)

I do like to have a positive attitude, or at least try. But I've got to say, the Singletary's have really been thrown a few curve balls this past weekend and week.
I won't tell you the array of chaos that has come our way, but I will tell you that between dropping my cell phone in the toilet and massive stomach issues, we are spent.

On a good wonderful amazing note, it was my Mom's birthday Friday. Because our computer cord was broken and the new one is coming from Hong Kong, I failed to do a post for her. So, now I will do that. We have our old computer which has some pretty cute "chubby boy" pictures on it of Will.

My mom, the most wonderful woman I know. She is so much fun and so wise, which I find are hard to come by together. There are so many aspects of her personality that I love but I think the thing I most appreciate about her is the willingness to admit when she's fouled up. She has always been quick to repent and slow to become bitter. She forgives better than anyone I know.
I love this because it's difficult to do. I love this because she does it in complete humility, not because your supposed to.
We fight very healthy, we love well and we make up even better. I think all 3 of these happen because she has taught all of us to consider others better than ourselves. This has been something she has always told us. Now, I do not do this often enough. But this is what she taught me.
My older sister Lizza and her boyfriend Dylan came from Philadelphia, our Aunt Georgia and our friend Tim came and Mom and Dad. We all surprised mom for her birthday at Table (our favorite restaurant in Asheville). It was so much fun, while we missed our sister Katy and our niece Spencer, it was pretty great to be together. My family if just so much fun to be with.

Look at this tiny little Will and then this chubby boy Will, can you believe that? Now, here is me tan and pregnant. I thought this was a good reminiscent moment of something that may happen again soon!!
There is one good thing about being pregnant in the summer, not just being larger than normal, but tan and larger, that has to be better, right?>!!!

We have had beautiful weather here, that's been a saving grace as we have spent all day outside, sick, but outside!!
Here's to Spring, when everyone will be well again!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, get well. The sickness must be travelling through blogger!

And you were a STUNNING tan pregnant woman. Make it happen again soon :)

Courtney said...

Oh wow, to see how much Will has grown is behond cool! And you Mom is so very awesome indeed.. I always wished I could have worked in the art room with her at camp.. cause i just knew I would learn so much from her!

You were a beautiful oh so tan pregnant woman.. are you planning to do this soon?? So exciting!!

I remember when you told me about Will in my kitchen in BMT.. you were stressing about your new internship, being pregnant etc.. and look how God took care of you! So exciting for the hopefully soon upcoming future little annie!!! (hopefully)

Sunday Grant Photography said...

i would hardly call you large in that picture of you pregnant. You are tiny little pregnant girl who is so beautiful and will be so beautiful again!
I love that tiny Will picture. You can totally tell it is him because of that sweet little mouth and nose.
Happy Birthday MayMay!! We miss you.

Just April... said...

I agree - you are a tiny one, Annie, pregnant or not! Are you expecting????!!!

Becky Swann said...

Annie you should totally be pregnant again, you were radiant! Happy Birthday to your Mom! In all her years this was probably the best birthday...sorry I just couldn't resist:) love you

Niki said...

Oh, Becky, I was going to make that joke. But I won't do that to Annie again.
I'm glad it was a good birthday for your Mom. I love Table, too! So good!
I love the old pictures of you guys. Especially the pregnant one. Very cute. Tan pregnant is definitely better than pale. I agree! We need some more of those 70 degree days around here.

The Colorado Carrs said...

Oh wow. How did I miss this post!!! Stupid Blog ROll. Well I am intrigued by this "maybe pregnant again soon" comment! I find it very exciting! and yes, you were a stunning, tan, pregnant woman! May it have already happened! haha