Tuesday, November 25, 2008

We're Back!!!
We had so much fun in Philidelphia. Visiting my sister Lizza and Niece Spencer and meeting Dylan (Lizza's boyfriend) was just wonderful. THANK YOU FOR HAVING US!!
The marathon was awesome, such an amazing experience. I'm addicted now. I Hopefully will do more. My favorite memories of all though are seeing my wonderful husband 4 times around the route that literally went around the entire dowtown area of Philly. It was freezing people and he ran all around trying to be at certain points to see me and check on me. What a sweet husband I have. Will, Lizza and Dylan rode the train and met us afterward and we all sat at Starbuck's for VERY long wonderful time. My legs were tired needless to say and all I wanted to do was sit, drink a vanilla Latte and go to the bathroom (sorry I just had to say that because I didn't go the entire marathon which I was so happy about).
I have to say it was one of the most fun experiences I have ever had and I encourage anyone that has ever wanted to do it, you should, you really really should.
I made a friend that I ran about the last 10 miles with. Kristin was her name and she had a friend named Louis that ran along with her to help her pace. It was her first marathon too and she had a shirt on that said,
"Kristin, first marathon", so everyone would yell, "Go kristin, good job" so that's how I met her becuase I kept hearing that being yelled. I was thinking that Dan played a joke on me and put Kristin on my shirt or something. But, then I met her and we laughed about it. Louis would yell, "and Annie" everytime the crowd would say "go Kristin". It made it so much more fun. When Louis left Kristin he said, "You and Annie have eachother now".
What a true blessing they were, we finished together and were so happy together, like we'de known eachother forever. It was so cool.
i'll probably never see her again, but she has a special place in my heart.
Now, I have to tell you we went to the coolest place ever. The Please Touch Musuem, isn't that the perfect name. The kids could touch everything. There was a water area, a jungle, an alice in wonderland set, a mini grocery store and hospital and so many other amazingly creative things Spencer and Will could just have their way with . It was perfect.
so, here I leave you way too many pictures, I couldn't help myself.
Love to you all. Thank you for your encouragement and love.
















Now, if you made it to the end of this post. You will notice, this is the only picture I have my my marathon, it was just like me and Dan to have a dead battery because of taking so many pictures at the museum. So, here is a picture of me and Will with my metal.
Hopefully I can get one of me that the marathon cameras took, but they won't be posted until Thanksgiving Day.
Speaking of Thanksgiving. I'm thankful for many things:
Family, friends, my Savior, Health, a wonderful home.
Have a happy happy Thanksgiving and eat lots and lots of Turkey!!!!
I personally can't wait for the fried Turkey that Dan does every year.












7 comments:

Sunday Grant Photography said...

annie i feel like i have told you this one million times, but i am so proud of you!!! you are just awesome. you were so good and diligent about training and you set your mind to something and you did it! and you call yourself ADD. love the pictures even if there is none of the race. dan is a sweet sweet man!

TMB said...

WAY TO GO!!!! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU. WHAT AN AMAZING ACCOMPLISHMENT!

love all the pictures...love seeing all your beautiful faces! glad you had a great trip!!

xoxo

Becky Swann said...

I'm so glad you had this wonderful experience, I am with Sunday on this one, I'm very proud of you! That museum sounds awesome!

KatieKate said...

Aw, Annie... we're SO PROUD OF YOU!

You rock.
Happy Thanksgiving.

MelissaCoates said...

You are so awesome! What a wonderful thing to accomplish.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Courtney said...

Annie that is so amazing.. I love how you came to meet Kristen and her shirt was a really cute idea... I may have to steal that one! You are so amazing and that was a HUGE accomplishment. How sweet of Dan to run around and cheer you on in 4 different places! He is so wonderful!

Julie said...

I can't imagine how it must have felt to finish that race. Cool idea about the shirt. I thought I would steal it but I wouldn't hear any of the cheers as I have to run with music BLARING in an ipod.

You wanna run the Country Music Marathon (you can run half or full) in April in nashville? Courtney King did last year and said it was awesome.