Thursday, November 20, 2008

29 and other things as well
Last Sunday I turned 29. My sweet husband came home from out of town, my parents brought Will back from being with them for courtney's wedding weekend, my sister Katy came from Raleigh and my Aunt Georgia came from Hickory and we even had a special guest, our friend Alex. We all joined together for a great Mexican dinner.
Thanks Mom and Dad for that wonderful meal.

Last night some friends took me and Becky out for our birthday to Table, my favorite restaraunt in Asheville. Thanks girls for a wonderful time.

Now, we are headed off to Philly to visit my sister Lizza and niece Spencer. We are so excited because we get to meet her man, Dylan. I'm really excited about meeting him. And, yes I will be running the Philadelphia Marathon at 7:30 on Sunday.

Someone said to me recently, "God has put this on your heart for some crazy reason" I think that pretty much sums it up. But, I'm so excited about it I feel like a little girl waiting for Christmas morning, the unknown territory awaits!!!

I have the sweetest friends that have made me a marathon box. Sunday made me her famous rasberry filled sugar cookies, they all wrote me "Power Ballads" for every mile and CD's that have already been put on my ipod for the 26.2 miles.



I feel so blessed to have these girls in my life, people that would care enough about a silly dream of mine to encourage me in it all the way.



Thank you all so much.

Alright, I had to put my boots on here. I have wanted Frye boots for quite sometime and I finally got them and they are AMAZING> I have not worn anything else since (well except to the studio, clay will never touch these babies). Thank you thank you thank you family!!!!
will has enjoyed them too (here's to new entertainment)!!

I'll be back next week, on the other side of 26.2!!







10 comments:

Becky Swann said...

Annie! Last night was so much fun I love sharing a birthday with you, Will looks great in your boots!
We do support and love you every step of the way (literally) Can't wait to hear about it! I have decided that you should run 29 miles since that is how old you are! think you can pull that off for me?:)

The Colorado Carrs said...

Oh Annie happy birthday

run your heart out babe! I will be thinking of ya!!

Nate and Joni Horne said...

Annie,
You can do this! I a so excited for you. Love and miss you.

Byerly said...

Good Luck in your race - I know it's going to be awesome!

Julie said...

Your boots are just about the coolest boots i have ever seen.

KatieKate said...

The boots.
THE BOOTS.
I covet the boots.
Nice job.

And, good luck this weekend! We'll be thinking about you!

Just April... said...

I am getting a 'kick' out of those boot pictures.....no pun intended! :) Wink. So wish I could have seen you and your little Will last weekend at Courtney's wedding! I missed the big bunch of ya.

heather said...

Hi Annie! Happy Belated B-day!! 29...Big year! I hope you guys have fun in Philly and I know you're going to kick butt in the marathon. I'm so in awe of you and your running gumption! Wait; who is Dylan? Your sister's..? Fill us in! Anyhoo, all the best luck to you on Sunday. We want after- race pics!

Sunday Grant Photography said...

Annie you are going to do so awesome. We are so proud of you!!!! I like Becky's idea, run 29 miles. Love the picture of sweet Will in those fabulous boots.

MelissaCoates said...

Happy Birthday and I will be thinking about you on Sunday!