Sunday, November 2, 2008

Our little Dragon and thankful for friends



We had a very fun halloween, not celebrating the weird evil version, but just enjoying dressing up our son in a funny costume and hanging out with our town on Church St.
At one point when we stopped by to see some friends that have a house on the street, they were at 875 people that had come to their house to get candy. Wow, what a commitment to live on that route. I wonder if they tell people before they buy what they are getting themselves into. We did not go down to where the "scary" house was from last year, namely, the lady jumping out of a coffin that scared Will half to death. He had fun and ate too much sugar, which is just always fun. We got to hang out with Lisa and Scott and cookout at Dan's parents house too which is always a blast, thanks for letting us use the house guys.
Thanks for the dragon costume MayMay, it was a big hit, we are still wearing it around the house, particularly liking the claws on the feet.

And, Well, I did my last 20 mile run before the marathon and needless to say I had,
A LOT of time to think.
The thought of thankfullness pops into my head often when I'm running the long distances, I think becuase my head is so clear.

Today it was all about all the people that have allowed me to do something as self driven as wanting to run 26.2 miles. Dan has been so sweet to let me do this, it's ended up being quite a commitment on his part because of watching Will for me to run for half the day. Yesterday Dan was out of town and Heidi watched Will for me to run. So, thank you guys so much.
I have felt this amazing amount of support from people about doing this race. From the people watching Will to Sunday hooking me up with her sister in law Jennifer, who is an awesome marathoner to sort of mentor me through this whole deal. It's just cool to have people backing me up to fulfill something i've always wanted to accomplish.
So, let's see. November is an exciting month.
Things to look forward to:
Several Wedding anniverary's
Courtney and Paul's wedding-15th
Mine and Becky's Birthday-16th, as well as many others
Philidelphia Marathon-23rd, as well as visiting my sister and niece YEAH!!!
thanksgiving-27th, I will eat particularly a lot this year!!!
And.....all this political banter will be over and we will have a new president.
Vote Vote Vote. That's all I will say about that.
Anything else? I always forget things.



10 comments:

KatieKate said...

875 people? Are you kidding me? That cannot be right. Seriously?

Annie. You are my hero for running. Run for girls like me who cannot run. Run for friendship and fitness and the pasta. We'll be cheering you on from here!

Julie said...

That is a lot of candy to give out. Maybe we can join you all on church street for the trick or treating.....sounds like it was lots of fun. Will costume was great and I love the new banner/title picture.

Julie said...

Oh yeah, and I echo Katie on you being my hero for running. I will definitely be thinking of you that day.

Sunday Grant Photography said...

yes Worth and Sunday's 5 year anniversary, you forgot that. are you trying to steal rocktober's thunder?
i am so proud of you for running. that is just so wonderful that you have the body and the ability to do something like that. Praise the Lord. I am happy to watch Will anytime and to hook you up with people who know what they are talking about. you are doing a good job. we will be with you on church st. next year!

MelissaCoates said...

I am so excited for you to run the marathon! You have a lot going on this month so I might be addicted to your blog until its over!

Next time I am in town PLEASE put Will in that Dragon suit. It is just to stinking cute.

TMB said...

that is the CUTEST dragon i have ever seen!! amazing!

and more power to you for your running--that is so awesome! i am proud of you. i share your passion for running--but only do half's. so when i make the leap to full's i will be calling you--the marathon expert, on how best to train!!

in spirit, i will be on the streets of philly cheering you on!!!! way to go!

and happy birthday [you will not believe me if i tell you that the day before this post, i was driving in my car thinking about you--and your birthday this month. i could only remember the month--not the day. i was thinking 14th...]

anyway. lots of love. xoxo

Unknown said...

church st. is the best, everyone should come next year.
I did remember your anniverary Sunday, there a lot of them this month, that's why it says "several anniverary's", my parents too and others.
i can't believe you even remembered the month Taylor, very impressive.
The dragon suit can come on anytime, especially for you Lisser.
thanks for all the encouragement with the running.

Becky Swann said...

Ok sorry I missed this blog, I have been training for a marathon and must have ran right past it!
OOOOOHHHH Annie you really are amazing and I'm proud of you and I find you to be inspiring! Your little dragon has one amazing mom!

Just April... said...

It was great to read about your thoughts as you come up on the big race. I will be thinking of you and praying for you on Nov. 23rd, even better I will see you before that and we can talk about it at Courtney's wedding!

Courtney said...

Annie! That is a HUGE amount of candy! Crazy! And Will's dragon outfit is awesome! I think I would be wearing it all day too if I were Will!

Crazy Nov! I can't wait to celebrate them all. What a huge accomplishment too running a marathon! That is incredible!

I would also love to watch Will any time while I'm up. I know he doens't know we really well so you probably won't ask.. but I would if you needed me too! I am right across the street! = )