We have the best dog in the world. How we ended up with her was a complete miracle. She was given to us about 4 years ago by a friend that didn't really know where he was going to be and he needed to have her in a good home.
We had a yellow lab named Sadie that I adored and Dan did not. Well, we both adored her at one time. She just got to be too much, running away every day after Will was born and being way to rowdy. Mocha and she loved eachother and were a good pair, hence th reason our friend decided it was a good fit. It ended up that a lady that worked at camp loved Sadie and wanted her to come live with her 4 other dogs. It was perfect and could not have been a better way for me to let go of my baby, it was one of the hardest things. But, I never would go back. Both Sadie and Singletary's are so much happier.
It took a while for me to love Mocha. She was sweet and perfect and all, and I thought that was boring. I like a little spunk you know, it makes things more interesting.
Now, however, I think I was crazy. We are all obsessed with her. i mean this dog is the most loving thing, she actually cuddles with Will. She lets him lay all over her and breathe in her ears and shove sippy cups in her face and poke at her eyes. She's awesome. She even gives a little humph when she's had enough.
I had to give her the applause he deserves.
When it snows outside, which by the way it did snow on Tuesday, she comes alive. She gets so hyper and excited. It's hilarious and Will loves it.
So, here's to Mocha. The most wonderful chocolate love of our lives.





7 comments:
i always wanted to do a post like that, but about Worth and Rainy! That was so sweet, and Mocha really is such a good girl. We love her too.
Aw. Labs (especially chocolate ones) are the best. We love our Abe. And, I think he's developing a little crush on Mocha as he looks at her from my bed... hmmm. Long distance love.
That is what I want....a boring dog......but a good protector. If you come across another one let me know. My kids are DYING to get a dog.
i almost cried!! what a sweet post. i am grateful to God for blessing us with dogs. they bring such joy and laughter!! mocha is beautiful--and i am so glad her and will are the best of friends!!
xoxo
[ps. i am floored ya'll have already had a snow! wow!!]
i love that he gives a little "hmph" when he's had enough. he seems like the perfect friend for a little boy.
jessie
That is so DOG gone sweet Annie, I know I know I crack myself up
They are such a cute pair! Will will (that sounds funny) have such great memories.
Our Dog (kind of) barks at small children...we think its because he is so tiny and cant figure out what they are. Who knows?
Post a Comment