In Dealing with difficult situations.........
.......I get very sarcastic and talk a lot.
this is my "defense" mechanism.
I think it's a rather good one actually because I don't shout a lot or ball up and don't talk, I get it out there and with some humor to it usually (well maybe except when Dan's around, then he incurs my wrath).
so.......here it is.
Topic: LadyDevils (ladybugs as most call them)
I am angry, frustrated, hateful and all the rest.

They love our house. In the beginning of the Fall, Spring and summer we get them. Loads of them. They've been coming here for years apparently because when we ripped the trim off to replace, what did we find? LadyDevils.
They love high places, they are attracted to bright objects (our house is high and white). We will paint our house the darkest color one day when we find time in hopes to get rid of some, but I'm sure they will still find their way.
Some even find their way in through the smallest of small places, they stink when you kill them or pick as them as a defense.
We all hate them. Me, Dan and even will. Now he'll bring one to you and say "eeew, aybug", or he just tries to get them with his weedeater.

I've searched for what to do, but there's really nothing, that's not completely labor intensive and not 100% garaunteed to work.
You know Paul's thorn in his side, this is mine. Ladydevils are a tool of sanctification in my life, it's so hard to remember I'm changing into a better person because of these things. These dreadful little creatures.
A little education for you too: the reason we have such an influx of them around here in the mountains is because they released another type of ladybug to try and help some crop because they eat aphids, well, it worked but they multiplied in production and made themselves at home.
People actually think these things bring good luck.........well you know what
.....I don't believe in luck.
So......in honor of my venting about the LD's, do you have any things that you just have to laugh about or you'd cry?
Come on, make me feel better.
See even Will is upset.......no he didn't like his dinner (typical story around here these days).
9 comments:
oh annie that is rough. you are a very good sport. i am going to laugh at BellaRose crying today :)
and that i can't get my gosh darn itunes to go on my new computer and my new ipod.
oh woman, i so feel your pain!! well, i used to feel it when we lived in our last house. i almost felt guilty for the intense hatred i had of them, as they are cute little ladybugs. but it was indeed hatred that i felt. someone once told me to cut an apple in half, put it in a brown paper bag and leave it for the ladybugs. and then you just roll the top down and release into a field. the bag and apple will decompose. i have no idea if it actually works because i would forget the trick until after they disappeared again. good luck--stay strong...
at least it's not fleas!!
I know that pain, When I lived in the Dorm at montreat we had them sooooo bad! Imagine being in a little dorm room with them! They stink literally and are so annoying If I'm over there I will kill as many as I can!
girlfriend, i understand. not with the lady bugs...BUT my dogs eat POOP! yes, all three of them. i am usually out there with my plastic bag to pick it up RIGHT after they go.
but if i look out a back window and catch one of them in the act...i run out of my house so fast, yelling and shaking my finger at them! they act like they are deaf. and i'm sure the neighbors get a good laugh every time they look out and see me arguing with my dogs over a pile of poop!
but you have inspired me. next time, i will just laugh! and see the bright side: by them eating poop that scratches one thing off my list of chores--no need to pick up the poop!!
I am trying to comment but I can't stop gagging over the dogs eating poop.
thanks you guys, I feel better.
Ok, I am back. I am sorry about your ladybug infestation. Bugs are gross. Hopefully their will be a few cold nights in the near future to kill all of those little buggers.
Oh man, I am sorry to hear about those little boogers on your house! I have to keep laughing at a lot of things in my old house... Like the occasional ants, the fact that I woke up with 3 spider bites that required treatment, and our kitchen floor that keeps coming up. Don't get me wrong I am so thankful for our house, but it does come with a price I guess. I will keep laughing with you Annie!
Post a Comment