Dan turned 32 on Saturday and Will turned 2 on Sunday.
I never thought I would have such wonderful men in my life.
Dan, you are the most kind person I know. You love those that are hard to love, care for those that have tough exteriors that everyone else passes off as "difficult". The way that you speak truth into people's lives is inspiring to all those around you, especially me. Thank you for all that you do for me and for Will, for providing for us and working so hard at your job. Thank you for loving and caring for me when I do not deserve it. Thank you for being a Dad that looks into the heart of his son and knows that he really only needs the love of Jesus. Thank you for being a man that prays for his family with fervor and trusts that God has love to cover the multitudes.
Will, yesterday I could not stop thinking about each hour 2 years ago. You were born at 5 pm and life was never the same for us. We love you and cherish every moment we have with you. You love tractors and little men, you love tools and putting things together. You figure something out even if you get a little frustrated, you'd rather not have help but just a little encouragement. You love your dog Mocha and lay on her while she cuddles with you. Sometimes you like to feed her when we are not looking, sometimes you eat crayons while hiding behind the coffee table. You love to pretend cook for us and make a heck of a pad thai. You are a discoverer. Making a point to make it known to us what you have found. You love to come and get us by the hand and take us to share in your joy about things. You love to be read to and love to pretend you can read. You make people so happy, you are like your Dad in this way. You just love on everyone.
You also have a determination that can end in some pretty interesting times, which I think came from me. This makes you do some awesome things but have some pretty hard times too. You have started to throw yourself on the floor and cry when you are frustrated, we are not sure what to do about this, ignoring it seems best. I'm sorry for not knowing what to do all the time. I hope that in some way God would see fit to allow whatever we do to honor HIM. We pray for you everday, that you would know Him, because we will fail you over and over. We are not capable of giving you everything you need, we are not able to care for you in every way you need it, we will fail and have failed. But, we love you and we know that God is caring for you in the ways we lack, He is meeting those needs we cannot. I pray that you will know that we are just stewards, we are here to point you to Him.
I pray that you love Jesus with all of your heart and with all your mind and with all your soul.
Pictures from the party are soon to come.....
Thanks to all who helped, all who came and all that love these two so well.

11 comments:
Annie.. I'm at a loss for words. You and your family is such a huge testimate for Jesus's love.. in all of your ways, you are all incredible people and I feel so blessed to know you!
Happy Birthday Dan & Will!!
that was gorgeous. you are such a beautiful writer and your words just flow and make sense, and your men are awesome and deserve all the praise as do you!
Oh Annie! That was inspiring. What sweet sentiments expressed so well! You have an amazing family (yourself included) and you really throw a great party. We had a blast on Saturday! Thanks for having us and for making it so fun.
And thank you for the clothes, they are awesome!
happy birthday boys!!!
Such sweet words for such sweet guys. Happy Birthday to two fantastic men... blessings to you and your family! I hope your special day(s) were very very happy ones.
Annie, that was powerful! I mean seriously...God uses all of your lives, and yes even your blog, to point to him and his sufficiency. I am so glad Will, and Dan, and you are in our lives...thanks for the great party, the insight, and yes even the horrible but spiritually enlightening run yesterday!
so sweet!! love every single word!!
happy happy birthday to both of the birthday boys!
can't wait to see the pics.
Nice post Annie. Happy Birthday guys! We had fun at the party, thanks for inviting us!
awww. i hardly know ya'll and i'm tearing up like i feel the same things for them. i guess i just relate is all.
precious, precious family.
Oh that was very special, I liked what you had to say alot, it is good to reflect on things like that. Happy Birthday singletery men!
Annie, you made me cry! I totally understand the love you feel for Will. Isn't it amazing that God would entrust us with these awesome little people? Thank you for reminding me that God is sovereign even when we don't know what to do with our children.
You need to print out these words and keep them for Will. I know he would love to read such sweet words from his Mom one day.
I love you and miss you so very much!
Post a Comment