I am busy planning Will and Dan's birthday party. Not a great person when I have an event, I get a little overwhelmed, even when there isn't a lot to do. Just a part of being me I guess. I'v learned to laugh at myself a lot. I even have butterflies a little from all the excitement. I'm a dork.
A lot of people are helping me, thank you thank you, you know who you are.
We are calling it Blocks and Beer, get it? I thought it was rather clever myself.
It's funny to me to be having a birthday party for my husband and 2 year old. Never would have thought that 10 years ago.
Will is obsessed with screwdrivers, drills, hammers, and screws. It's driving me crazy, becuase yet again I let him play with them within moderation (I hate to admit it). Dan, Mr. Safety himself, doesn't. So, we are meeting in the middle and getting him his own small person set of tools.
We also get him a book every year that is kind of a summary of his year (idea stolen from friend Rachel). Last year was a book about trucks, called "My Truck is Stuck". It was so symbolic too of his year of figuring out how to manuever around.
This year we are looking for a book about building, any good suggestions?
I want to make thisCardboard House - Graham and Green for Will so bad.
Anyone ever made a cardboard house, any ideas?
The thought of spending money on cardboard house, wow, not gonna do that.
I know all you crafty people out there gotta have some ideas.
Come on with them.
13 comments:
http://www.mrmcgroovys.com/
This is a great website for "DIY" cardboard creations! You really don't need the "rivets" he suggests, just a staple gun!
Hope this helps!
Also, I got my boxes from Sears. Just go to the back and ask if they have any old refridgerator boxes, they usually do! Or, you could call around and find out so you only have to go to one place!
Thanks so much, this is great.
Whoever you are, you have helped me.
oooooh, yes... Go to Sears and ask them for a bunch of dryer and fridge boxes and make a little city out in the back yard!!! You could paint it! And string lights up! And have a patio (for the beer and kool-aid) and a hardware store!!!
I'm coming.
is their birthday on the same day?
come on over.
Dan's is the 27th and will's the
28th.
What a great idea. I think my boys would even like a cardboard house. I am checking out that website.
I am thinking of a book also if we have no gas still I will be there!
Annie I know exactly what you mean about feeling overwhemled even when you aren't doing a whole lot at that moment.. and the butterflies.. and excitment! How fun.. Blocks & Beer! I like it! Very cute indeed!
The cardboard house is a cool idea too.. I'm sure Will will love it!
i love katie's idea about stringing lights. awesome. annie you are doing a good job. i can't wait for the party!
Hey Annie,
Although my children are grown, I do LOVE children's books So, just looking around Christianbook.com and Amazon, there are a few. (Problem is you would not have them in time for the party.)
But these look like something Will might like:
Building a House with Mr. Bumble
(Amazon ~ thru private sellers)
Building with Bob
(that one you might could find at a store...I think that one is pretty popular)
Harvey the Carpenter
(Christianbook.com)
(Harvey is a beaver ~ looks cute)
Hope that helps.
The party will be great ~ I'm like you....I have plenty of ideas, but it's alot harder for me to execute. You are wise to enlist others to help. God gives us all different gifts just for this purpose.
God's blessings on your party! Enjoy!!!
Happiest of Birthdays, DAN and WILL!
Blessings and love,
Becky
Hobby Lobby has a coloring Cardboard House for $12.99.
It's really cute! :)
Hope this is helpful!
annie, today at my stepsister's i was impressed by a "jail" that their grandad made her two boys. it was made out of about 20 (?) new cardboard boxes that were spray painted and joined together by i am not sure what. a hot glue gun? also had some of those long, skinny things that float in the pool (forgot the name, but they were cut in half and used as bars on the windows). anyway, obviously you probably wouldn't make a jail at will's sweet age of two, but perhaps you could be creative and make something really cool. if you do, let me know!
Post a Comment