Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Summer fun
We love this kid, actually obsession is more like what it is.

Lee Lee with Will and his buddies Addison and Ryland at camp, we miss you so much Lee Lee.


Lee Lee got Will these sandals and he loved them so much that he really wanted to sleep in them and I being so tired gave in and left them on.

Aunt Katy has some good kissin time with Will. We have loved having her back at camp, even though this probably will be her last year, we are soaking it up.


Will can drink out of a big boy cup now, he's very proud of this of course and gets really upset when I don't let him, really starting to be an opinionated little bugger.
And Dan with his Iroquois paint on (o the life of a camp director, Can I hear it for all the Iroquois in the house!)
We have such a nice little container garden on our deck and will likes to pet them (I think he thinks they are animals or something)..I mean it makes sense, we water them and check on them a lot.

We had some great family time bike riding on the Virginia Creeper Trail last weekend. You totally need to go.

Now, this may not seem like a lot to you, but let me tell you what you are viewing is a big deal. When Dan's parents were here they helped us do some finishing touches to our house, that we have left for several months (ok maybe more). Baseboards and trim around the french doors and some painting of a very tall landing, which has not been finished (and the ladder is still there we just walk by it, it adds interest ya know), after camp we said, or maybe one really productive late night we'll finish the very tall walls.

Thank you guys so much for your motivation and help.

Ladder: Safety hazard with a toddler, ya think?

Surprisingly I have Will convinced that it's a piece of nice furniture that's "fragile", this might not last too long, we better hurry and paint.

thanks for visiting. see you soon.

12 comments:

Sunday Grant Photography said...

will sleeping is just SO cute!!! you know i have not been up to your house all summer, so i have not seen your container garden. it is beautiful!! great post annie. we have missed you.

KatieKate said...

Yes- those shoes and your child are adorable.

Painting help... especially with baseboards and tall walls... is grounds for multiple free dinners at my house. Your family ROCKS.

Becky Swann said...

I love that he slept in those shoes what a funny little kid! He is awesome.
And as for the Iroquois: Choctaw this!

TMB said...

ok--so it may have been for only 1 summer--but i was an iroquois!!! woot!

will is SO stinkin' cute and is getting so big. he looks just like you. and it's beyond precious that he wanted to sleep in his sandals!! i don't blame him--those are some mighty fine sandals!

glad to see you all again--missed you!
xo

Jessie said...

i can see why you're obsessed with that kid. he has the most precious little face, like a little baby cherub or something.
i really want to get to va creeper. robbie takes his students their at the end of every school year and says it's a lot of fun.

Heidi and Richard King said...

You manage to do it all girl! I am glad our kids are buds this summer and it gives me a chance to see you frequently too...even if it is just for a moment of "ok, so Ryland just had a big poopy, and sorry they got soaked in the creek..." I love the picture of Will layed out with his shoes. Seriously, who looks THAT cute when the sleep!

heather said...

annie! yeah! your finally posted; i thought it wouldn't happen until camp ended! Oh my, Will is becoming SO grown up! I actually am here in Cashiers trying to fix up my house in Asheville to sell. I'm headed back to France on Aug. 3rd! When are the Singletary's coming for a French vacation??!! (I hope sometime soon!) I'm glad you checked my blog! You are my only reader/commenter! love ya! take care! heather

The Colorado Carrs said...

I laughed out loud at him petting the plants!!! love it! I can't believe how bi he is getting. Such a little man.

House looks great. I hope I can see it in real life one day

Choctaw!

Anonymous said...

Iroquois! I-R-O-Q-U-O-I-S! Oh camp! I miss that place!

Will is getting so big! I love his hair! How fun! He is just so adorable!

I'll be up this weekend... I REALLY hope to see you! It's been too long!

Julie said...

OK, so I am figuring this out, I think. Most of you bloggers met at Camp Merrimac? Very cool.

I, too, am very impressed with your container garden. It is lovely.

I haven't seen you in so long! i miss checking out your fabulous outfits at church......

The Sooz said...

That boy is totally a Singletary.

Melanie said...

It always looks like fun around there from your blogs. I can't get over that I haven't seen your new house yet. Love you! Thanks for all your blog comments!