Thursday, June 5, 2008

If you were wondering....or if you you weren't....

*my latest favorite artist on Pandora: Dispatch, song: Carry You

*I got to go out with the girls the other night, well actually it was last week, I felt like I was in college again, it was so fun, especially hanging out with Jen again.



*Dan's mom kept his SK-5 Casio piano, I had one too, now Will enjoys gettin down on it, did your mom keep anything special for your kids?



*On the Camp end: Staff week comes to a close on Saturday, campers come on Sunday and our life becomes crazy for 2 months, fun, but crazy.
*We are in process of finding another church closer to home, we have loved Trinity for 6 years and that body has been so good to us, but we feel we need closer community.
*Heidi and I are switching days with our kiddos this summer, I have ryland and addison two mornings a week and Heidi has will two mornings and one afternoon, just writing it out sounds so complicated, but it's so fun and so helpful.

*I will spend the summer working as a mom, a resident potter at the Black Mountain Center for the Arts and the retail manager at for camp.....I know this sounds like a lot, but it's not, it's perfect, complicated, but perfect.....well talk to me after the summers over.

*My little sister is getting more and more beautiful everyday, it amazes me.

*I really miss Lost, thursdays aren't as fun without it

*The Singletary's are not using paper towels anymore, only dish towels (and don't worry Becky I will wash them regularly so they won't smell moldy), it's been very very hard to be without paper towels, not sure how long I'll last

*The Cicadas, Locusts, whatever are taking over our house, it sounds like a creepy horror movie up here on the moutain. Let me paint this picture a little clearer so you can really understand.


There is a digger/excavator on the left below us clearing land, the presbyterian conference center is on the right below us having singing/worship time and there are locusts all around us chirping or whatever they do. I'm telling you, it sounds like the rapture......and all my neighbors are out of town at the same time, we are the only ones up here. CREEPY>
.......come visit.

*Last but not least, my husband is amazing. He as been working so hard at camp and being a great Dad and husband too, after 6 years of camp and marraige I think we are finally settling into things well. We haven't fought at all in like a week, is that too personal? I mean he's married to a difficult woman of sorts.
I mean the guy called and asked me to go out on a date tonight, isn't that sweet. What a man.
So we all went out to the big city of Asheville to eat sushi at Wasabi before the summer of crazy camp starts. It was a blast, Will loves sushi, well sweet potato tempure sushi.


Alright, had to get all that out there, just wanted you to know me a little better, I was feeling a little distant.
I love getting to know all of you better too.

18 comments:

KatieKate said...

Aw... thanks for sharing!

The week before camp starts... we are feeling that here too, though I am slightly removed this year, which is weird. But good. But weird.

Rock on with the no paper towels. Dude. If I could get my rear in gear with laundry, I could do that too. I WILL do that. Napkins, too, or no?

Annie, we love getting to know you!

TMB said...

girls night sounds like a blast!!

katie is SOO beautiful--i miss you ALL!!

the locusts would creep me out too--i don't do well with bugs!

we, also, don't use paper towels. hang in there-you will accumulate enough hand towels that you won't miss them, and won't feel like you have to do laundry every day! i have found it saves me a bundle of $$ [and helps our tress out a little!]

last but not least, will is INSANELY cute--and i love that he loves sushi!! we have a great sushi place here! road trip to atl after camp is over??

love this post, xoxo

Leigh said...

I use the brown recycled paper towels but cloth napkins and TONS of dishtowels. When theystart to smell sour and icky I get all Laura Ingalls Little House and boil them with soap for about ten minutes in a huge soup pot on the stove and it makes then nice again. Once you get in the habit of not using them, it gets easier.

Julie said...

I love your dress in the girls night picture. In fact, I love everything you wear. everything.

Sunday Grant Photography said...

i love the new dress! how could that ever look bad on you! i am so happy will had sushi! thanks for posting the girl's night picture. so much fun! so how do you know what the rapture sounds like? i love you aren't using paper towels. good for you! lets see i know that there are other things that i wanted to talk about, but i will have to come back. good post. i love it and i knew all those things :)

Sunday Grant Photography said...

well maybe i did not know about the towels, but everything else.

Heidi and Richard King said...

Fun post! I did have such a great night with you all. I love feeling young learning more about my friends...so thanks for staying up late and talking at my house. I missed out on that with you because like we established I have had kids ever since I knew you.

Speaking of kids I LOVE keeping Will during the week...Addison said she wanted 2 brothers so maybe this way I won't have to have another kid, we can just consider him partially ours! Ok, maybe that is a bit much, but...

We are doing no paper towels but on accident...it drives Richard crazy but I keep forgetting to get them. Maybe one day it will just turn into a habit!

Life is busy now for you I know, but you do it ALL with such grace and vigor! I think you are just swell!

Jessie said...

annie,
loved this post. because i don't know much about you at all. in particular you made me laugh about your scary house.
by the way, i think will has the most beautiful, darling eyes. i'm sure you hear it all the time.

heather said...

ok!! now it's perfectly clear. i was a little confused at first...yes, i remember your reaction when he told you that...you are always so gracious. You were saying to him, "Oh, what a nice profession! I like to clean houses too!" Ha, ha!
your little man is gettin' big, annie! maybe it's about time for him to have a little bro or sis???

The McVickers said...

Annie, I miss you! Will looks awesome and you sound so great. I miss being at camp with you! That was such a neat time when we became friends! I hope Will and Hardy and Mary Woods can hang out soon! I will be praying for you this summer!

The McVickers said...

Annie, I miss you! Will looks awesome and you sound so great. I miss being at camp with you! That was such a neat time when we became friends! I hope Will and Hardy and Mary Woods can hang out soon! I will be praying for you this summer!

Anonymous said...

Annie.. this was a really sweet post! I'm sorry I didn't get to hangout with you longer last night! And your sister is getting more and more beautiful and older too! I can't believe she is 21! WOW crazy.. or that my brother is MARRIED! Super crazy!

Dan is great! So are you! Love, me

The Colorado Carrs said...

Aw how did I miss all that!!! I cant believe camp has already begun...that mean's its summertime

Way to go!

heather said...

hi annie! i need your current mailing address and your email so i don't have to keep writing you emails here...please send it to me at heatheranewman@yahoo.com
thanks annie!

Becky Swann said...

I have to say I'm sooo jealous I barely got to see that Jen at all, I had to go to my parents the weekend everything cool happens, thanks for the update, I'm a little late checking this..but better late than pregnant, at least in my case!

Sarah Harris said...

Annie, we're so glad all is well with the Singletarys.

A word of encouragement on the paper towels. I married in to a paper towel-less house and while I protested at first, soon you really forget why you ever needed them. (I insist on using them for cleaning mirrors and windows, but John says newspaper is better. That's why he's been cleaning the mirrors and windows.) We wash about 10 a week. We also use cloth napkins, but I don't know how practical that would be with an 18 month old.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello!
xo Sarah Jo (and John)

Melanie said...

And your friend Melanie misses you bunches and is so glad you're doing well! Sorry I can't visit you at camp this summer!

Jason and Jennifer Haynes said...

Oh Man! I hate posts like this because they make me all chocked up about how much I miss you! I'm glad you posted the girls' night pics and most of all I'm so glad you chicas went out with me...you all mean the world to me...and I'm not saying that lightly! I love you and miss you so much and am incredibly blessed to have you as a "sister".

Yes, Katie is beautiful! Hasn't she always been though...I mean she's a Robb girl...you three are all gorgeous...but I can say I can't believe she's 21! Is that really true?!

Will is eternally cute! I'm so glad I got to see him and your mom before I left...love those two...Kay was her amazing sweet self and Will was all grumps because I woke him up...but can I say he was still adorable even though he wanted nothing to do with me (the jerk who was staring at him while he was trying to wake up...oh well, maybe he'll forgive me one day!)