Monday, March 24, 2008

Spring into This....

I think I got that from some commercial that is suppressed in my memory somewhere.
For shoes or something?

It's funny though, because it was sn
owing outside yesterday, so we aren't really springing into anything yet.
This past week we've had a lot of visitors.

David, Ashley and Samuel Simmons. David is Dan's best friend from a long way back, it was fun hearing all their stories from the days past.
And..... Lee and Pop Pop Singletary
.
So fun to be with all of them. Lee and Big Dan stayed the whole week so we celebrated Easter with them.
We had so much fun, played a lot with cars at the garage they brought, rode the bouncing Zebra this time around with much gusto and rhythm.
Slid down the slide time and time again.
We also walked and played at parks and rode on the truck and got a new soccer ball.

Things Will is doing as of late. Jumping on presents instead of opening them, dancing bending his knees, saying "Bawww" for Ball about all Balls in the world. Learning to kick balls, Throw balls, roll balls. Pretty much anything that rolls, Will is obsessed with.

Did I mention I'm obsessed with my son, completely and utterly smitten with him. He loves his cowboy boots now, Lee Lee tried to put on his tennis shoes and he ran to get his boots and handed them to her, Yeah. My plan has worked. Capes and Cow
boy Boots, what could be better.
Lastly, Lee and Will and I witnessed a calf being born. Yes, the whole darn thing.
On our way back to our house going through the cow fields we saw a cow on it's side kind of struggling.
Well, that's the proudest moment I've had to be Lee's daughter in law. Because she used to show cows and have all sorts of farm animals, she knew that it was giving birth.
It was amazing. We named him Easter. And He's alive!!

We loved seeing you Simmons Family come back very soon!!!!
Thank you Lee Lee and Pop Pop for a wonderful visit and for all you do.

News:....Will is very excited because his cousin Cooper is now due sooner, May 6th. We can't wait to meet him.
And.....congratulations to Paul and Rebecca Hawkinson for their new baby boy
Ezra Laurin Hawkinson,
Born Yesterday at 11:48pm,

Yeah for Spring!!!!

7 comments:

Julie said...

How very cool that you got watch the cow give birth!

I loved reading about the cowboy boots too. There's not much cuter than a little toddler boy in cowboy boots!

Becky Swann said...

I really wish that you had a video to share of the cow birth:) With the title "hey watch this cute video of Will", then BAM! ---cow birth! hahaha
I love that little jumping on presents, saying ball for everything, cowboy boot wearing crazy man! I love him so....:)

Anonymous said...

Wow what an update.. I love that Will is jumping on presents and so into balls! That is so great. It is so fun watching children grow and learn and explore new things. And the cowboy boots!.. man, is he going to be a heart trob or what?!?

Crazy cow birth.. Easter.. I like it alot!

Just April... said...

Will is an ADORABLE little boy, Annie! I love the picture of him on the slide AND the one of him excitedly jumping ONTO his wrapped gift. So funny!

Sunday Grant Photography said...

You don't know how badly I want to see a cow being born. I know that is so strange, but one day there are no babies and the next there are and I always wonder when it happens and you got to see it happen! I love Will, just plain and simple.

katealtmix said...

hey, just stumbled across your blog and it's awesome, and so is the etsy store! i love the pic of will jumping on his present, hilarious!

Just April... said...

I just noticed, you have my jewelry website posted, but did you also know I keep a blog on here, too? Not sure if you have been able to access it through my comments?

www.thegreengypsy.blogspot.com.

Hope you have a great day, sweet Annie! BTW, how are things with your older sister?