Happy Birthday to my Mom, aka Kay, aka Linda, aka May May, aka Sumatra

My mom is amazing. I won't mention how old she's going to be, but let's just say she's def. grandma age, haha.
A few things about her for those that don't know her or just want to revel in her majesty.
She loves to garden and is very talented at it. She is very adventurous and shares it with us (even if it means that we are in danger crossing across heavy tides).
She's quite feisty, she loves the color red (hence the color I'm typing in). She does not like comedy's, but loves Wes Anderson films.
She irons her sheets on her bed and put a love for ironing in my heart (strange I know). She makes the heck out of some salad and squash casserole.
She is the most amazing painter I know, not only because of her talent but also how she uses it as a medium for the gospel.
She is full of wisdom.
She is full of life and energy and strength (she can lift more weight than most men).
She wishes people called her by her first name, Linda, maybe you all could start.She says she's very unsocial, but if you know her at all she's the most social woman in a crowd. But, then if you know her really well, you know she has to crash when she gets home because her energy is all gone and she has to recharge by being alone sitting in her striped chair reading, or maybe laying in her bed reading.
Which brings me to my next item, she loves to read more than anyone I know, well accept Lizza my older sister and Sunday too.
She loves suspense most of all.
And....she is a great, I mean amazing, Grandmommy.
So...in her honor here is a picture of
CAPE BOY
because the best thing of all is that she gave us all great imaginations because we got to wear capes and tails and decorate our own rooms.So, on March 6th give a shout out for Linda Kay.
We are off to Philadelphia this week to visit my sister Lizza and celebrate this wonderful birthday of my mom.
10 comments:
Happy Birthday, Linda! You are wonderful from the moments I have been with you and the testimony of your daughter. Little "Cape Boy," must be one of the luckiest little super heros in the universe. Have a great birthday, Linda (I like that name!), and have a great trip, Annie!
The woman irons her sheets.
Oh Mylanta.
Happy Brithday to you, Miss Linda :)
Linda!!! I just can't do it. Is that bad. She is just a Kay, forever and always in my heart. Of course now she is MayMay to my sweet BellaRose. I love you MayMay. You are like a second Mom to me!!
Happy Birthday Kay, (like sunday I cannot do it either)
You are so amazing!!!
What a joy to get a real live cape boy for a birthday present!
Linda, huh! I didn't know that.. I can try to call her that but I think she'll aways be Kay to me too! She is an amazing woman, this I could tell from our short meetings camp and post camp.. she is an AMAZING artist!
Much love to Kay, Happy Birthday!
WOW, I did not know her real name was LINDA!!!!
Happy Birthday MAy, may.....I think that one is my favorite too!!
happy late birthday kay! you have so richly blessed the lives of so many people. i hope you felt SO special on your day yesterday...and many, many more!!
we miss you! xoxo
annie, quick question...how do you make your font different colors. i am not totally computer illiterate but i have not been able to figure it out for the life of me!!!
I have heard great things about your mom from Jen; however, Jen calls her Kay also . . . that happened to me when Hanna was born. I wanted to call her Mackenzi and Kenzi for short. But as soon as she was born half of the family called her Hanna and others called her Kenzi and then everyone was confused. So I said okay, it is Hanna. And luckily so b/c now she has the same name as the Famous Hannah Montana!! :)
Hope your mom had a great birthday, Annie!
Happy Birthday, Kay! (Sorry, the Linda thing is weird for me.) I miss you all so much! One of these days I am going to get to see you again. I hope you have a wonderful birthday.
Love, Bridget
What a sweet tribute to your mama! God bless her and your entire family!!
Post a Comment