Monday, January 28, 2008

Blog Help
This weekend Dan has been gone, that should say enough right there because I do not do well without him. I try to not rely on him too much so that he doesn't feel great pressure of being my "Savior", but it never works.

I've been quite the story teller lately, I've got a lot on my mind here and I have to say it's nice to get it out here and then maybe glean some wisdom from some comment like the one I received from one of my Mom's best friends on my last entry. Bringing things to the Light through blog commenting, I love it. So, on Saturday I called Sunday in a complete panic because of Will not sleeping the night before (at all). Here she is with a baby 8 months old and I'm calling her to answer my questions. That's what friends are for. She is all calm and collected as she's talking to this completely sleep deprived me who thinks that her child is dying and needs to be rushed to the ER, but will not stay on hold long enough to speak with a nurse at the doctors office.

She remembered reading about kids getting molars on Jessica's and Katie's blogs and said, "I think he might be getting his molars".
Here is where I say, wow to her, you'd think that I would have thought of that. But, no, I did not. I automatically thought my child was severely sick and needed emergency attention.
I really was FREAKING OUT> the way I do> crying and doubting God and thinking he doesn't have control (when he really does by the way). So, she went to their blogs and read to me the symptoms their children had, and I already felt better just hearing the same things Will had been having. Thank you to everyone involved, even if you didn't know you were involved.


I always thought blogs were cool, the greatest way to keep in touch with what's going on people's lives, and so quick too. But, never did I think a blog would give me the answer to why my child was so sleep deprived, constipated, crying, feverish ,etc. etc.


Needless to say I pulled over in my car after I got off the phone with Sunday and felt in his mouth and he had 4, I repeat FOUR Teeth coming in, TWO of them being molars.
Great things I've learned this weekend: 1. Teething is horrible for Will 2. Teething tablets are wonderful 3. Alternate Baby Motrin and Tylenol, it works much better for Will 4. If you can, get to your Mom's as quickly as you can if feeling crazy, she takes care of it all. 5. Jesus loves and cares for freaking out mom's and babies and he has it all under control (as He clothes the lilies of the valley........)
And.....here is Will at 1 week old, tribute to his newborn friend
Benjamin Asher Zetterholm. Congrats Leah and Andrew!!!!!




15 comments:

Heidi and Richard King said...

I love that picture of Will...he looks so concerned for his "freaking out" mom...your words not mine! You are a great mom, and freaking out is just part of being a mom.

Anonymous said...

Yeah.. first comment!

Oh Annie.. I can since the frustration.. and I sure I would have been acting the same way you were. I too love blogs the easiness in checking in on everyone in NC is great!

Will is getting molars! That's great.. and you've figured out how to help him through this growth.. even better! How cool is it that God is not only in control but He has placed people in your life (like Dan, your Mom and Sunday) when at times you feel at wits-end.. His gift of friends and family to help us through those crazy freaking out moments.

Much love!

Anonymous said...

Well.. I thought I was the first comment.. and then I hit enter and Heidi's showed up! =) Oh well.. second and third comment!

Sunday Grant Photography said...

i just went back an read your mom's friend's comment on the last blog and what VERY wise words. good for us all to read. i think that i thought teething right away is because i am always waiting for signs of BellaRose teething since she got her 1st teeth so easy. plus it is easy to see certain things from and outside perspective and not being the "freaking out mother". i constantly think that BellaRose has tumors and Worth has to always tell me she is fine. i am so glad that you went first on the whole baby thing because i seem to remember calling you A LOT when BellaRose first came around with many newborn questions. you are good friend.

The Colorado Carrs said...

oh Annie.

So So True! it is not only amazing how blogs keep us in touch but more amazing how much we learn from one another! I totally agree. Rylie is currently working on 3 teeth at once and I am scared that molars are close behind...

Hang tight!

KatieKate said...

Hello, Darling.

Of course I remember you. I was certain it was the other way around, which is why I have been secretly bloglining your stories for months and months now. Surely Annie wouldn't remember me! She was a princess! But at any rate... hello again. Hello, hello, hello.

Yes... I thought I was going to have to call in the national guard with Rylie this last time- and teething was the LAST thing on my mind. It was brutal. But now she's got some cutey teeth back there is is getting quite good at ripping bread apart.

That's all shes eats. Bread. And cream cheese. And also, peas. I'm hoping this will change with some of Cort's recipes.

Anonymous said...

Annie.. I just read this and I immediately thought about you and this blog entry..

"I lift my eyes to You, The One is enthroned in heaven." Psalm 123:1

"The Lord sits enthroned over the flood; the Lord is enthroned as King forever" Psalm 29:10

And I thought.. If the Lord is enthroned in heaven and even enthroned over floods.. than of course He is even enthroned over those things that trouble me! (and yours)

I know you know this.. but it was like a light blub went off in my head and I thought.. Annie.. so take great peace in the knowledge that nothing operates outside of God for He is enthroned over all!

Unknown said...

See, even wisdom in comments. I never thought I'd be one to check my comments to see the insight. I love it. Hilarious. Thanks guys.

MC and Brian Phillips said...

Hey Annie! Poor little Will with his 4 new teeth! You're a good Mama. I miss you.

Anonymous said...

Annie,
You certainly hide your "freaking out side" but I knew you were worried and am so glad you came to visit us during Will's bad time. We loved having him and I especially enjoyed having some alone time with him so I could spoil him rotten with every wimper. And I loved being able to sing "Alabama" to him---seemed to calm him greatly. Love you you and Dan and I'm sure Dan is happy to be back to witness Will saying very loudly "DA-DA"!
Fuba

Anonymous said...

Annie,I told you I'd be able to catch up on my sleep after sleeping in the room with Will those couple of nights. Last night in Orlando I slept 15 hours--from 5:30 pm till 8:30 this morning. I'm so glad Will is doing better. I love you, Mom

Shanna Mac said...

oh sleep, how i miss thee...

sorry to hear about the molars. but it really will open up all the food options, which is very exciting. i think we may be starting to get our 2 year molars. or gracen may just be stubborn and doesn't like to sleep. but i need a reason for the craziness, so i'm blaming it on teeth:)

it's good to know others are going through this madness too. perhaps we should start a 3:30 AM chatroom?

Becky Swann said...

I love that we have these blogs I think I feel so much less fearful about becoming a mom because I know all these other wise mom's and they write about stuff in their blogs,I figure if you guys can do it, maybe I can do it too! I'm glad I have you and Heidi and Sunday to call too! I know I've already used you in my "I'm freaking out because I think morning sickness is trying to kill me" moments. Love your honesty annie, and the fact that you freak out it makes me feel so much better when I freak out, I just pat my own back and say, don't worry, Annie freaks out too! haha

Julie said...

I am with you on all of the molar troubles. Annabelle just finished cutting her last one a few days ago and she is a new gal now. I had almost forgotten how sweet and happy she can be! Adam had no troubles with teething.......I never knew they were coming in until they appeared. Caleb and Annabelle, on the other hand, had a much harder time. This too shall pass......Thank God for Motrin and friends......

Hope you get some sleep tonight!

Just April... said...

Oh poor, sweet, Will. And poor mama Annie! How tough for the both of you! I am SOOO glad you had Sunday to talk with in your moments of concern and that she thought of the molars/teething thing. It must be difficult and painful for your little guy, but SUCH a relief that it is normal and not anything serious.