To nowhere or everywhere?
Here we are in our new house. I have not done a good job of getting the pictures up of the progression, but we are so excited about the latest renovation that I had to show.And of course, here is Will (the reason we care at all).
As soon as we saw this house, we said this wall needed French doors badly....and Dan would put them in. Well, after too much work and not enough time, Dan hired Worth Grant (Sunday's husband) to put in the doors for us. His skill was really experienced by us because he put the doors in with nothing on the other side.
These doors go nowhere but lead to everywhere. They are the start to us really making this house how it should be.
I have come to the conclusion that this house is like a child that has never been loved and cared for, no one ever saw it's full potential and thus we have some bowed drywall and the windows have years of ladybugs in them. But...... we love it.
The Singletary's love this poor child of a house.
I'm becoming quite attached to it, when I come home I automatically get a smile on my face when I see it. It's cute, you can't help it.
So, here's the process. Cutting out the wall, putting in the doors, Bravery bravery at high heights. And I think Dan and Worth had some good hang out time too, so that's always good.
And, you may ask, what will connect to the doors. Everything, everywhere, all, A DECK.
Yeah. Dan is building a deck for us. We love decks. Especially with leaves changing and falling and the wonderful weather, it really heightens the joy we have.
When we look out of our doors, we see us having parties galore, fires, enjoying our amazing view of the mountains, watching Will growing up and Mocha sleep.
We see the future. And that feels really good....even though getting there might be interesting, we always love an adventure.
Thank you Worth.
8 comments:
so fun! i am so impressed! the doors look amazing and i know the deck will too...such a fun place for so many special memories. i think Will looks just like you, Annie! do most people say that? he is too cute!
Annie, it looks amazing! We need to come over and see all the progress! How are you holding up? Are you feeling settled at all, or just feeling like you live in a construction zone? I hope you are doing well!
Love ya,
L
The doors look GREAT, and I can already tell you all made the right decision to go ahead and do it now, so you can look forward to years and years of enjoying the view! Before you know it, the deck will be up and everything will feel more and more like home. Congratulations on making it through this far!
I need to get over there and see all this progress! You guys should have a show on HGTV and it's called "those flppin singletarys"! ha I would watch it.
Oh Annie! That looks great! I wish I had come by to see the house in person. Hopefully during Thanksgiving break I'll be able to do just that!
I love the doors! Wow I bet that makes such a difference! Your house is jsut going to be so fabulous!!!
man those french doors look awesome, or as steven said those "freedom" doors look great :). glad worth could help out. he enjoyed doing it!
Annie, fixing up a house (home) sounds so fun! Definately keep the pictures coming! And a pic of Will's room would be cool!
Post a Comment