Friday, June 15, 2007

The Singletary Life Lately

Well here he is. The king of Merri Mac and Timberlake. In all his glory. Looking like a college graduate. Can't you see it. Sometimes I think I'm seeing him as he will be when he is walking down the stage to get his college diploma. Speaking of, I didn't walk. When I finally graduated from college I was too busy with life. It's funny the things we think are so important and then when they get there it seems kind of anti climactic.
But, having a baby is not anti climactic at all. He's a climax in himself, but the real point of excitement hits about every afternoon at about 5pm when Will is (believe it or not) not smiling but frowning pretty heavily (otherwise known as moan time).

Lee Lee (dan's mom) was here with Will now about a week ago. She was sooooo great. Dan and I were able to get into camp with a bang. Needless to say she was really tired by the end of her days with Will and so Dan gave her 1 backrub. She was so deserving of 1000 backrubs.


And as a finale to this past two weeks. Here is our very own pet snake. I'm so glad that Will is not old enough to really want this thing as a pet (by the way, no pet snakes in our house).
This is how it went down.
I was about to leave to go over to camp for the day lugging Will on my hip and carrying the diaper bag and my mug full of coffee (which I cherish very much).
I heard the dogs going crazy outside so we looked out the window and saw them barking at some large round black thing. I opened the door and there was the biggest black snake I have ever seen, I spilled my coffee I was so scared.
Now I am very dramatic, but Dan saw it later and he said it was the biggest one he'd ever seen too. It was curled up staring at the dogs. I made the dogs come inside (actually they were terrified so they ran inside). And waited. And waited. I waited 30 min. for the thing to slither away.
Then on our way over to camp here comes Dan and I tell him look at it and that's when he took this picture and figured out that it lives under the grotto (camps climbing cave beside our house).
So there it is. I guess we have a pet snake.

9 comments:

Melanie said...

The kids at school tell huge stories about throwing snakes around over their head or going at it with an ax. I probably would have done the same as you. But I thought Sadie and Mocha would be braver. :)

Sunday Grant Photography said...

i would die if i saw that snake! will does look so old (not old in a bad way). what is up with the meltdown at night? it is always when i want to eat dinner!

Becky Swann said...

It seems like rough drafts are being written all over blogland! haha that was funny that you wrote that in mine. Oh Will his faces are so great he is amazing. I'm glad you have Dan's mom and your Mom to help you out so much I know they love it!

The Colorado Carrs said...

wooo hooo look at that handsome fella!

Shanna Mac said...

i have a pet copperhead that lives in/by my driveway. wanna trade?

Shanna Mac said...

now we have an 18 inch snapping turtle living in the driveway. it won't move...

Unknown said...

Shanna, it sounds like you have quite the reptile farm, however your house is so cute in the picture on your blog so hopefully it's worth it.

lizza said...

that picture of will is gorgeous. i can't wait to see him in august! cousin pencie is very excited too!

that snake would terrify me. i remember riding over a black snake on my bike and mo and ace's house when i was little, and i am traumatized to this day.

Anonymous said...

You know what this blog really needs.... a picture of Gibbs wearing Will, because that was really one of the funniest things i saw this past week! As well as the picture of Will with all the girls, the one in which he looks like Marilyn's child! : )
Anne Archer