Sunday, June 24, 2007

Recientemente
"Lately"

Well, we haven't been in some Spanish speaking country
, we've just been at camp.
Ho
wever, we've been having a blast. Will already has his Iroquois jersey made for him by Brian Harris and Louis Parchman, but we'll wait for the paint until he's a camper.
All we have to sum up this week in the Singletary household is, what would we have done without people who care so much for us.

Here is Will's day, since that's the reason we have this blog.
First on the regular good days he wakes up around 7 or 7:30, then there's those random times of 5 or 6, then the really random times of 8 or 8:30, which happened this morning and we were so happy.
Then Will nurses, Dan goes to camp, Will and I cuddle for about.....mmmm.....10 min., I try to squeeze in a shower, Will plays in his excersaucer (I was crazy when I said I'de never own one because they are ugly.) Then I get dressed as Will is ending his time in the excersaucer with great vigor, I get Will's frozen cubes of food out of the freezer put them in plastic bowls, grab spoons, a plentiful supply of burp clothes and diapers, put the dogs out and head to to get that precious cup of coffee at breakfast at camp.
Ah.......I had to take a breath.
It's really kind of fun having to run around like that when I'de been at home for the past 7 months.

Now, here is where it gets interesting. My mom has been here so when I'de go to meals it worked wonderously because she kept him while I did my work, she put him down for naps, played with him, fed him prunes, peas, etc., cleaned him up, strolled him, held him, taught him how to get up on his knees and so much more.
She's gone now...... I'm scared.
But, The TAG TEAM is here.
Now Lee is here, Dan's mom. She came back. Hence the reason that we've found ourselves saying what would
we do without people that love us.
Will is so great, he laughs all the time, he loves the loud abnoxious contagious singing in the dining hall, he loves the girls and has lots of girlfriends and it's been pretty easy.

But, I must confess, it's hard not being able to give my child my undivided attention. It's hard for me to not be able to have him with other babies right now.
I lay in bed at night praying that he is getting enough.....everything.
I worry. That's it.
I guess this is what mommies do. Have this constant worry over their heads because all of the sudden you have this amazing child that God has put in your care and how the HECK would He trust me with a life.
But.... He does, because He's got it. He's doing it through me. Somehow it gets done, all of it, and honestly sometimes I have no idea how, but it's Him.
And..... those people that love us so much. They are a true testimony of what Jesus meant for Community.

9 comments:

Sunday Grant Photography said...

oh annie that was so well said. you always write exactly what i am thinking. thank you for that. will is so precious and you are so precious! i loved seeing you the other day. i was thinking about you so much that day as well and then there you drive. the Lord is awesome.

The Colorado Carrs said...

Rylie does that with her thumb too! we jsut found a sort of blister where she had been biting on it!

And kudos for the excersaaucer. Iwas the same way, plus they are soooo expensive but man well worht it!

Heidi and Richard King said...

Oh I miss seeing you guys! I am sure that Will is the coolest little kid at camp and he is so getting everything he needs. What a wonderful experience for him and I promise he will be so much better off because of it...and you. You are awesome and we are going through withdrawl over here at the King house. Got to see you all soon!

The Colorado Carrs said...

love the swimmin' Will

Anonymous said...

I'm Really sad that there aren't any pictures of Will and Aunt Katy!!

Unknown said...

THey are coming. Maybe it's because you do your job so well and aren't ever in the office. Haha

Becky Swann said...

Oh the littlest Iroquois, (I had to sing the song to spell that)

lizza said...

this is my fifth visit to the blog since you updated it. i am obsessed with sneaking peeks at my nephew throughout the day. he is the cutest little iroquois i ever saw. is it weird that i always have to sing I-R-O-Q-U-O-I-S (from lift your hats and hold em high)to spell it?

lizza said...

i just saw becky's post... it looks like i'm not alone.