Baby used to teach Mom
Sometimes Dan and I sit and wonder how it is that the Lord has blessed us with such amazing families. We are overwhelmed with how both of our families are full of love and grace. We are so thankful for all of them. May May and Fuba, Katy, Lizza, Donna, and Spencer. Lee Lee and Pop, Beth and Kirk. Everyone is so full of love for Will and for us. I do not think about this enough, for some reason in these early stages of parenthood all I can think about is what we need for Will, what Will isn't getting enough of, too little tummy time, too much spit up, not enough this and that. AAAAAAhhhh, it's enough worry to drown a person.
And then here is Sadie, sweet Sadie. No worries in the world. Only one thing, what can I eat besides my food today andhow to make breakfast and dinner earlier and earlier everyday. Will loves she and Mocha. When he sees them he gets elated and starts cooing and laughing. I wish that when I saw someone I love that would be my reaction. No restraint, just absolute joy.
The worry that I feel all the time is a lot like Tummy Time for Will. He can see things from a whole new perspective when he's on his tummy. The world is so neat. Similar to a life free of worry, suddenly you become aware of the blessings around, the people that God has sent into your life to love and love you.Then after about 10 minutes, reality sets in, WHERE'S MOM, WHERE'S MY MOBILE, I CAN'T SEE, HELP!
Similar to when I start worrying again, WAIT WHAT ABOUT MONEY, IS A TREE GOING TO BLOW DOWN AND HIT WILL'S ROOM, I THINK I'M GETTING A CAVITY, HELP!
See what I mean, they are so alike it's scary.
And then we are right back to being under our Father's Wing, or in Will's case with tummy time, being upright again.
The girls represent my Epiphany. The fact that they already know this somehow. The fact is that Will is never out of my sight, he's safe, I don't ever leave him there, I'm just behind him to encourage him to roll over or for him to get in some play time with his animal friends, but the fact is he thinks I'm gone.
Like I feel when I'm worrying all the time, I feel like I'm on my own, as if the Lord has left me to deal with things on my own and that I have to make everything work by myself. Agnostic I think it's called. But the fact is that He's never left me either, he's been right there.
And those people that he's given to help along the way, (stuffed friends and family alike), it is a true blessing that we have so many that are of relation.
6 comments:
So true my friend so true...to be a mom I am amazed at how concerned I am for Rylie. What an awesome way to recognize,what an awesome way to think of Him!
annie thank you so much for that reminder. dogs do help us open our eyes sometimes, and tummy time :). it is funny isn't.
You are really cute Annie Singletary and I love you and miss you so much. Will is soooo big (not in the fat way, haha)!! Just the fact that there is a picture of him sitting up! I can't even believe it - even though you're holding his hand I know that he is getting so strong and big and that God is making you and Dan into the most amazing parents Ever! I love you and I hope that your week has been a little less ridiculous than mine!
Annie thank you for that, I love an object lesson! Will is such a sweet baby. I could look at his pictures all day. I love his personality too!
Annie, God continues to make you and Dan strong and wise in ways you don't even think or know are possible. God has blessed Will with encredible parents.
You write very well.
Post a Comment