Just a friendly reminder
I feel like i live in a life full of 'friendly reminders'. I can honestly say i don't hate this, i surround myself with people that will give me these in all forms, a note or a phone call or text. I appreciate people taking care of me.
....however.....I do feel the need to remember these days that go by so quickly. i feel like i've lost track of having my boys well documented. I want them to be able to look back 10 years from now and see how silly they were and how they have changed and not changed.
Take Will for instance. He's playing baseball. He's in love with his glove and his bat and ball. Dan is acting as an assistant coach and Will calls him Coach. The kid really loves to practice but he doesn't get why he's not great yet. We try and talk to him about how practice makes perfect but he gets so frustrated because he can't do it perfectly. He's growing and learning how to have fun while learning to do something well. This is quite hard to endure as a parent; i find myself wanting him to just feel good about himself, but failing is a large part of that growth. So we shall see......as for now, he's having a blast with his buddies on the field, and i have to say i am proud to be his mom.
Or take Jack. His personality has really started to come out recently. There are really 2 sides to Jack, he is either as he is in this photo, laid back and chill or wildly wrestling and doing laps on his tiptoes. He's pretty extreme and we are incredibly in love with all of it. He could seriously hurt his brother one day so that's a bit concering but i have high hopes for spurring him on in the affectionate side of himself. He's such a little lover, he loves to hug, kiss and most of all looooves to be held. He doesn't like to eat anything but yogurt and fruit, but loves his Dad's smoked pork. He's pretty stubborn about walking and doesn't understand about holding hands yet so we've had many a sit down in the middle of the parking lot instances. I can see in his eyes that he longs for independence. i adore his wild passionate spirit.
Or take baby Katy.....not such a baby anymore. She and Alex are so much more mature than Dan and i were when we first got married. They are so cute. Katy made a Strawberry Rhubarb pie for our Easter celebration and i swear it's the best tasting pie i've ever had. My little sister is awesome. When she was little she was the light in the room, she was not afraid of anyone or anything and she loved people well.....not much has changed.
It makes me think of what will change in my boys as they grow. What will happen in their lives to predict who they are as grown men? I'm glad their lives are mapped out. It gives me great peace to know that whatever comes their way they have a God that loves them and knows every hair on their heads......because i of course do not know every hair on their heads and will need friendly reminders their entire lives, but i'm glad that God knows that too!!!!!
"Nothing in my hand I bring, Simply to Thy cross I cling" Please visit my Clay blog to see what I've been up to in the studio @ anniesingletary.com
3 comments:
so sweet annie! and hey, thanks for the friendly reminder! an important thought to take with us into this coming weekend of birthday celebrations and robb girl love! i love you!
Love a reflective Annie post. You always make me think, and help my perspective! YOU ROCK!
I also love the reflection and hearing about your beautiful boys (and Katy)! You have a wonderful family and it shows in all that you do! Love you Singletarys!
Post a Comment