Friday, December 10, 2010

A little dose of Singletary


 Well we've been getting ready for Christmas and are so excited about family coming and all the hoopla.
We have had our annual family hot chocolate and watching Elf event. Jack was really thrilled (yes, you can see in the picture that the broom has changed to a rope....much more efficient).
This has been our tradition since even before the boys were in our lives. We love Will Farrell, if you have not seen this movie.....run go get it now. 
 
 And here is our big 2 1/2 month old. In the picture above he had just come from his 2 month appt., hence all the bandaids. Poor little guy. Even though i was much better with Jack than with Will, Jack did not handle the pain so well. He screamed his little head off and was fussy for days. O he is makin his way in the world alright. We also found out that he weighs 16 lbs. 8 oz. and is 25 1/2 inches long, yes, big boy Jack is just like his brother. They are basically twins but Jack is 2 inches longer. All healthy and sleeping through the night for almost 2 straight weeks now. There i said it, great now i won't sleep tonight.

This is our friend Corner Panda. He was given to Will by Aunt Lizza and Spencer when he was born. Now, Jack is has been thoroughly entertained by him as well. I felt like he needed a little shout out because he's been very good to us.

 O precious ones. These two are besties. They cuddle all the time and have campouts in the living room....in the middle of everything. Mocha is pretty much the best dog a boy or family could ask for.

And here is craft time. We've been having a lot of it at our house as I'm sure many others have too. This is such a fun season of giving. I love deciding what we can make new for our decor and what we will give the special people who do so much for us each year.

I have to share these 2 things. I have wanted way for Will to understand how many days until Christmas because he keeps asking us if it's Christmas morning each and every morning....even in november. So, we got some felt and went to town. Man I love felt, i had no idea. we stole this from Land of Nod, so by no means is it original, but we of course put our flare to it, Double Bubble, the Singletary Men love some double bubble, personally i would have chosen chocolate, but whateva.

 We also have been hard at work making loads of Muddy Buddies. This year i found this great idea to cover the lid with fabric to be a stylish use for later. side note: Katie, yes this is the fabric from the dress you made me, i hemmed it to be shorter so i used the scraps for this. thank you. this has been so fun to do with Will, he has gotten really excited about giving these to people he loves.....and that just makes me smile.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Will has his Christmas program for church and school so I can't wait to post about that. Dan, Jack and i will be Joseph, Mary and baby Jesus in the nativity scene, so that should be interesting.



"Nothing in my hand I bring, Simply to Thy cross I cling" Please visit my Clay blog to see what I've been up to in the studio @ anniesingletary.com

7 comments:

Sunday Grant Photography said...

oh my goodness I love this post! i love your writing and creativity as usual. I also love the calendar. Seriously will you make BellaRose one? She would love it!!! I love the ELF tradition too. Jack is precious as is will. Love the rope on the bouncy seat, great strategy. Ok can we please hang out so we don't have to catch up on blogs?

Courtney said...

Looks like lots of fun at the Singletary's house.. I can' get over baby jack, not so little anymore. I wonder if he'll be taller than Will since he is currently 2 inches taller now?? hum.

We'll be up for Christmas.. hope to see you soon!

Becky Swann said...

Goodness all my friends are so crafty and creative! You are so cool, Mary:) I didn't know you were doing that, that just made me all the more excited for the Christmas play!

KatieKate said...

Look at you go!!! Your house is way funner than ours right now... and I still haven't made an advent calendar. That's on my list.

Byerly said...

Really, you have a 2 month old, and you have time for adorable crafts...really? Amazing!! I, too, love the calendar. Maybe we'll 'borrow' that idea from you!!

Love seeing your sweet boys!!

Jessica said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! I Love ELf, I love your boys love it! I love the advent calender. I love how you are such a little person and have gianormous babies!!!!

Margaret said...

sweet singletary family!! Love the calendar and so great seeing you guys recently!