Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Jack is one month old today
Whew!!!

We are adjusting to life with 2. It has come with great challenges and joys and pushed us into a deep dark abyss at times.....no just kidding its not that bad, we are so thankful for these two amazing boys!

Here are some pictures of the last few weeks.....its kind of been a whirlwind.  










Jack is awesome. He is smiling a lot which we do not want to believe is gas, that's right people, i'm choosing to believe it is real. I mean, why not, if it helps get through the sleepless nights of infancy, right?
He is actually doing so much better. Everyday is different so far but he's becoming a little more predictable, or maybe we are becoming a little less of freaks of nerves.
We have said many a times, "you would think we have never done this before."
This might be because it's been 4 years since will was an infant.
That is the only negative thing i can pinpoint about having will be a 4 year old. He is an amazing big brother. He is so sweet and gentle. I mean we do say "be gentle" all day, but it might be just to make ourselves feel better.
 He is really just a superstar big brother. I usually wouldn't be so outwardly saying that my child is a superstar, but i feel like bragging on him a little because he sooooo deserves it.

I was looking back on the blog i did about this time with Will and it was so deep and reflective. Man, have times changed, less brain cells will do that i guess. I've been doing some crossword puzzles to make myself smarter though so we will see if that works!!!
God is good.



 
"Nothing in my hand I bring, Simply to Thy cross I cling" Please visit my Clay blog to see what I've been up to in the studio @ anniesingletary.com

7 comments:

The McVicker Family said...

Oh, Annie! I just love your boys! I know you are exhausted! I thought adjusting to two children was WAY harder than the first one. Hang in there! It will get easier, I promise!!!! I love you, miss you, and wish I could see those boys!

Becky Swann said...

Glad you are doing more crosswords ha! I love that you said that. I like seeing all the pictures, and hearing your honesty. Glad you are adjusting to a family of four so well. You do really make it look easy, I know I'm not around in the middle of the night, but you seem to be rolling with it with ease!

Byerly said...

Yay for Superstar Will!! What a sweet picture of Will and Jack together. I'm sure Jack is really smiling at you. Just his way of saying thanks for hanging out with him in the middle of the night! -- Every week you'll get more sleep and life will get a little bit more routine. Your boys are too cute!

Courtney said...

It was so great seeing you all last weekend too! I realy enjoyed seeing everyone and watching Ellen and Will play too! Jack is so cute! Love the one of Will and Jack touching heads... just precious!

Will is an amazing big brother! Such a huge blessing! I'll be praying the adjustment to 2 gets better and better as I am sure it will!

Margaret said...

Oh man, they are both just amazing!! We cannot wait to meet Jack this weekend and see you all! It has been way too long sister!

Jessica Rodriguez said...

love the post and pictures!!

Emily Routon said...

Congrats on baby Jack! I hadn't heard, guess that's what being in Alaska will do. He is a beautiful child,