I have a lot of pictures here so i'm going to do this label style, you know, where you just list a picture and tell the scenario.
Katy took Spencer and Lizza climbing. We all were going but it got a little late and so we left and they went on to climb. The climbing went great and Spencer did awesome.
Katy then went up to get the rope and grabbed onto a rock that came dislodged and had a horrible fall. There is so much more involved between Dan going to help them, Lizza running to find a neighbor to help and the EMS team getting her out of a pretty precarious place.
She ended up with 2 fractured ankles and a deep open wound on her arm. She had surgery on her arm to reconnect tendon, muscle and nerves.
After a long stay in the Trauma unit she is home with my mom and dad caring for her. She's doing better everyday and has her physical therapist amazed at her determination to walk again.
I know this is a lot. It's been all any of us can think about. Lizza was pretty traumatized by the whole thing, seeing how the injuries could have and prob. should have been fatal. It was one of the most emotional times for my entire family. To have us all bond together over my sister was truly a beautiful thing. We love eachother so much that we stop everything in time of need, that is an amazing thing to have!
So, I ask you to pray for Katy. To heal, to cling to Christ with every ounce of her being and to have her hope in Him alone. She is healing, but it seems that it can never be too quick. She gets discouraged often. It has reminded me of how many things we take for granted. I know that when she heals from this, and praise God she will, she will never again take for granted the little things and hopefully will remind me as well.
On another note entirely:
-What wonderful amazing friends i have, they threw Dan and i the most amazing baby shower for Jack. I have no pictures and am so sad about that, but Katy's accident happened that morning and so we were all a little frazzled. But, we felt so blessed. Thank you girls!!!
-I am 2 to 3 cm dilated and 50% effaced. contractions are coming on and off, nothing too close though, baby Jack might be here sooner than later! 36 weeks and 6 days today!
-We are celebrating Will's 4th birthday early this year because of baby bro, it's on Monday, so hopefully we can make it to that, if not we've got mad back up planned so it can still happen!
See what i mean by how time flies.......that a lot in 2 weeks!
"Nothing in my hand I bring, Simply to Thy cross I cling"Please visit my Clay blog to see what I've been up to in the studio @ anniesingletary.com
7 comments:
Oh Katy!!! So SO sorry.
So glad to hear of good ole' family time and your bargin buy!! Such a smart idea. Cant wait to see that little Jack!
Wow so much but it's good you are getting all caught up since you might have so much more any day now!
We are continuing to pray for dear Katy! Love her and are praying for quick healing
Annie, I love love love all the photos.. and I love your family! They are all just so sweet and of course I have a huge heart for your mom and Katy (since I know them personally from camp). I will be praying for Katy and Lizza too, dealing with it/seeing it happen can be very tramatic too.. and I'm sure as the older sister she might feel some responsibility and she shouldn't.. and I can only imagine all that Katy will have to go through over the next 6 months or so. One of my highschool bffs was in a bad golf cart accident and she suffered some of the same problems Katy has/is and is has been a long road, but praying for a lifted spirit is a must do! And I'll be doing that from GA!
Thanks for the prego pics too. You are so adorable.. and I'm stoked about your 3 cms! I hope baby Jack holds out until after Will's bday party, but if not, it will all work out! =)
We are coming up in Oct, so either way I will come see you and baby Jack! Can't wait to met him!
Give Katy my love! As well as Will and Dan! Love to you too!
oh and I'm sorry we missed the big shower... I do have somehting for you, my prego brain forgot to mail it!
Love you bunches! C
oh, annie i'm so sorry to hear about your sister's accident! how is she doing now. give us an update please. i will def. say a prayer for her ok? and congrats on your new baby boy coming soon. i can't wait to see pics! We (I) have been doing a lot better. you would be proud of me. church every Sunday :) love you and miss you. Heather Newman
What a post- emotional! I love all the love among your family! What a blessing. I'll be thinking about you and Jack's arrival (somebody better let me know!).
that really was quite the update! I am so happy to see pictures of the staycation! I love your family so much and how they really do rally around their own. It makes starting our little families totally worth it, even through the sleepless nights we currently have! I am so thankful for you Annie! You are precious. I am also thankful that Katy's injuries are just what they were. Once I actually saw where everything happened I am really blown away by so many parts of that accident. We will continue to lift her up!
Post a Comment