Monday, August 25, 2008

Rain pour on us

We are getting rain right now and I've never seen so many smiling faces. Everyone is so thankful to have it and we want it to keep on coming. I feel this strange sense of relief by it, almost like freedom or something, my plants are all so happy, the turkeys are even happy, they are all over our yard today, out and about enjoying the beautiful rainy day.





Yesterday I ran my 7 mile long run for the week, I am running another half marathon in October with Heidi and a full in November by myself. I'm terrified to run 26.2 miles by myself, but that's for another post (if I get around to it).

Anyway, I must have gotten all shaken up down there because when I got back I was enslaved to my bed and let's just say Dan nor Will wanted to come upstairs to go to the bathroom, surely you can guess why, and it wasn't throw up.


O it was aweful, I thought I was going to never recover because I felt so bad.
Well, my sweet husband did everything, cooked, cleaned, played hard and even brought me Sprite. Thank you sweetie. I took an immodium and was able to sleep thank goodness.


I woke up this morning and was a new person.


And....it was raining.


I love tommorrow's, new beginnings and fresh starts.


I am hopeful that this day will be better than yesterday.


I am hopeful that we will all be ok, that the drought will end and that our hearts will be changed daily most importantly.





so on that note here are some recent pics:


With Bella Rose walking now (sooo cute), Will and she are busy busy busy. It's so fun to see them together. They actually played peekaboo the other day at the Grants.


Will has been eating salad, yes, I said salad. I know we are shocked too. The secret: Ginger Dressing.
Doing a little yard work. pssst, weedeater is fake (he's in training).
O and here we are in the morning, endlessly entertaing I tell you.

Note: I recently switched to gmail so that I could have google reader, it shows you when blogs are updated. It's a shorter version of the timers on people's blogs. check it out, it's awesome.

11 comments:

KatieKate said...

Let me say that I love pink wigs on boys. Unexpected, I know. But cute.

A marathon, Annie? Holy Virginia. I am in awe...

Please send some rain our way...

MelissaCoates said...

Wow...katiekate took the words out of my mouth. Your Amazing. I wish I could run a marathon but I am pretty sure I lack the dedication. Now a pie eating contest might get my commitment. Any takers?

After my week in Florida I don’t want to see rain for a while. Please only send it to Raleigh if I am out of town.

AND...awwwwww...to sweet Dan for taking care of you whilst you were not feeling well. Such a sweet man.

Becky Swann said...

I guess that that happens when you get the urge to run sometimes you get the Urge to Run;)
Glad today refreshed you! I have been saying that alot lately that I just need a new day...and they always come! it's good to remember! thanks again for your good singletary perspective

Sunday Grant Photography said...

our kids are just the cutest thing ever. thank you for those wonderful pictures. i am so proud of you for wanting to run a marathon, i know i say I would rather give birth then run a marathon, but that is just me and i get so awe struck by friends and all their abilities. So sorry you felt like dodo brown (literally)

Julie said...

Oh no, I hope I didn't jinx you with our conversation about diarrhea and marathons! I, too, am impressed that you are running a full marathon. You will do great I am sure.

I am loving this rain too and Will and BellaRose are adorable. And I love the pink wig.....reminds me of Sidney Bristoe!

It was so good to see you at Becky's!

Jessie said...

pink wig...too cute. i'm so inspired by runners. how long have you been running? its something i want to want to do. robbie's gotten into it lately and i so envy the zone that runners talk about getting into. it's happened to me a few times enough to crave it again. but most of the time i look like phoebe on friends when i run. remember that episode?

The McVickers said...

Annie, when are we getting together? I miss you and your deep thoughts. And I really need to squeeze that little man of yours. He's awesome and I've never even held him! What is wrong with us? We have to get it together and plan a trip! I love you and miss you so much!

The McVickers said...

Annie, when are we getting together? I miss you and your deep thoughts. And I really need to squeeze that little man of yours. He's awesome and I've never even held him! What is wrong with us? We have to get it together and plan a trip! I love you and miss you so much!

Unknown said...

my mother in law told me that I always can back out of running the full, it was comforting.
You all are so sweet for your encouraging words, lord knows I need them.
Jessie, I might look like pheobe a little too, hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Annie, I'm so glad you got rain too! I know my parents were also thrilled about it as well. My dad wishes it would rain like that more often!

Sorry to hear about the sickness following a run.. I'm still so impressed with your running skills.. I always have been.. and I really want to do that.. run a half and a full.. maybe some day!

heather said...

hi annie! wow, i love you son's new haircolor for fall. very charming! good to hear that you're out runnig again. hopefully, you won't get 'that' urge while doing your marathon! the pics of will and his little girlfriend, bellarose are so cute! you have BabyGap material here!
love ya! heather