Thankful.


I love Real Simple Magazine. I hate to admit it, but I'm faster to pick it up than the Bible when I'm feeling overwhelmed. Not that it should be that way, but I feel so "together" when I'm reading it. Worthless Self Help, I know.
When my house is disorganized because of constant renovations or when I just can't seem to get the toys to not take over the house, yes, I turn those pages to make it all better.
This is not good people.
However, I'm a firm believer that God has created this world and that he has also put beauty all around us. A good friend and I were just talking about how we feel called to create beautiful things. It's important to our lives and I choose to do this in many ways, not only in my clay work or creative endeavors, but in small things like a nice welcoming home.
And......I do think that the magazine helps Beauty thrive.
On that note.
This months issue has reminded me of something. As well as the Thanksgiving service I love so much but couldn't attend at church because of Will being sick.
That is, To be thankful.
I'm horrible at it. I'm sort of a "sky is falling" chicken little.
I do know though that when I do start being thankful, my heart is changed toward everything and everyone.
So here it is,
Inspired by: "10 things not many people know"
When my house is disorganized because of constant renovations or when I just can't seem to get the toys to not take over the house, yes, I turn those pages to make it all better.
This is not good people.
However, I'm a firm believer that God has created this world and that he has also put beauty all around us. A good friend and I were just talking about how we feel called to create beautiful things. It's important to our lives and I choose to do this in many ways, not only in my clay work or creative endeavors, but in small things like a nice welcoming home.
And......I do think that the magazine helps Beauty thrive.
On that note.
This months issue has reminded me of something. As well as the Thanksgiving service I love so much but couldn't attend at church because of Will being sick.
That is, To be thankful.
I'm horrible at it. I'm sort of a "sky is falling" chicken little.
I do know though that when I do start being thankful, my heart is changed toward everything and everyone.
So here it is,
Inspired by: "10 things not many people know"
Calling all Bloggers.
FIVE THINGS YOU ARE THANKFUL FOR.
Here's my five:
1. Health, we are making it through Will's first FLU and it wasn't a life threatening illness like I originally thought, (will be covered in later post)
2. My family.
3. To be working on a house that we can call our own with a view to remind us of God's beauty everyday
4. Friends and family that have reminded me of God's love in so many ways this year.
5. New mornings, starting over, forgiveness, redemption
1. Health, we are making it through Will's first FLU and it wasn't a life threatening illness like I originally thought, (will be covered in later post)
2. My family.
3. To be working on a house that we can call our own with a view to remind us of God's beauty everyday
4. Friends and family that have reminded me of God's love in so many ways this year.
5. New mornings, starting over, forgiveness, redemption
8 comments:
will had the flu?? i had no idea. iam so sorry, what a rotten friend i am. do you need anything?
I love Real Simple, too. That and Domino are my magazine vices. Some people love People, Star or the Inquirer....but not me! Who needs a celebrity 'fix' when I can browse endless upholstery patterns and decorating room make-overs?? I am an addict, yes, I am.
On another note, more about what your blog's meaning was REALLY about....I agree that concentrating on what we are thankful for is a real blessing. Growing up (end even recently) when I was sad or overwhelmed....my mother always suggested I make a 'things I am thankful for' list. Suddenly, the problems I was focusing on don't seem like all that big of a deal anymore! :)
I thankful for my birthday Twin, Annie, I'm glad Will is feeling better.
April, my mom always suggests that too, it does put things into perspective.
Annie, I like that magazine too! And i too agree with your statement with your friend on "creating beauty".. I think just as God does create beauty and we are like Him.. we are called to create beauty.. and those things I am most thankful for are beauty in the small things.. like a flower sent on the right moment on the right day! (remember that) I'm thankful for you! = )
great post!!! it is so good to stay mindful of all our many blessings. i am so sorry to hear that WIll was sick, but i am thankful everything is ok!!!
...and i am SOOO with you on Real Simple!! love it!
I'm thankful for you my beautiful potter friend! One thing I have always loved about your house is that it is always welcoming! I always feel like I can go in and feel immediately at home (and I often do make myself at home...hmmm, tell me if that ever gets old :-)
I hope Will is up to his usual cheerful self and that you are feeling ok too.
I am sitting here with tears in my eyes as I just read this Real Simple Magazine thing. Annie, you have a way of reaching the hearts and minds of your readers---I'm not trying to be funny!!! You are so authentic; it blows my mind. I feel that I worshipped God while I was reading your blog. I love you, Mom
Post a Comment