
We are facing the challenges of being without him. To the right are Dan in his towel and Will in his, see that similar discerning look.A little word about Dan, Dad of Will, husband of Annie.
What a man he is. Wow. I'm not sure how it is that God saw fit to bless me with his lifelong companionship but He did.
I was visiting my best friend Joni and we reminisced about the days when we prayed for our husbands, boy did I ever not understand that God really heard me. Who am I that He should listen to me and actually bless me with this man that I had prayed for, but so much more. The fact that he'd already made him, and was molding him, "in the kiln as I like to say".
The qualities in Dan that I admire most
are
his gentle spirit. He has the most calming manor that comes straight from the Holy Spirit. I already see glimpes of this in Will.Maybe little Big man will become like his Daddy, what a great thing that would be.
Dan is also the most patient man I've ever met, which is a good thing because I once had one of my guy friends tell me that I needed to find the most patient man in the world and he just didn't know if he existed.
Well, he did, and his name is Dan Singletary.
It's funny because I used to think that Dan and I were pretty similar except for the patient quality, until we had Will. Now I realize that we might be similar but our qualities come out at different times. Complimentary. As Red is complimentary to Green. Red and Green stand out next to one another, they look so much their true color when together. I am thankful to be married to a man that makes me the brightest I can be, the truest to who God has made me, becoming the person God has planned me to be, and points me to how I can continue to shine brighter through Christ.

And I revel in the picture of who Will may become because of having a Father like this.
He already shows such signs of patience w
ith me, sometimes it's as if I can see him thinking, o mom is stressed again, I better just go to sleep or I better just play on my own. Of course this isn't always how it is, but most of the time he just casually stops needing me and lets me rest. It's strange
, because I know that babies are needy and they have no way to communicate but through crying, moaning, grunting, ect. but I swear, God has allowed him to comprehend my inability to have it all together, just as he has allowed Dan the uncanny sense of discernment in my life.So, here's to "Dad on the Road Again".
3 comments:
Annie that was so special. God is working in you and making you perfect for your men too! I am in love with that picture of Will sleeping next to Dan. his little facey is so precious! And get to see it in just a few hours!
that is the sweetest thing i have ever read. you are so special annie. i agree with everything that becky just said and i am excited i get to see will and YOU soon!
Annie that was beautiful! You are both so blessed! I am thankful for all you do... you are an incredible friend. Love you, your husband and the cutest baby boy I know! Will the thrill! Can't wait to see you soon... March 23-25!
Post a Comment