Thursday, October 12, 2006


Mom's Perspective


I'm settling into motherhood quite well,
EXTRAORDINARILY, it is a miracle from God really. He
has blessed us with such a great baby, he has been
such a joy to have in our lives. He has himself waking
up on a schedule already. In the late night hours I
nurse him about 12, 3 and sixam. Those late night
hours are quite precious, he and I alone, I have been
praying over him, it's actually been the most intimate
prayer I've had in some time.


My mom has been here and will stay until Thursday of
next week. It's been a blessing to have her here,
mainly for the company and emotionally. I haven't had
the big "emotional breakdown" yet, probably because
I've stayed busy with her going to Target, taking
walks around Black Mountain, doing laundry, and
resting.


So, life has been different but very enriching and
thick with joy because every time I look at this
little fellow I am reminded of my purpose at this time
in my life, and it feels completely right. Like I'm
fully in the will of God. It feels good.


I hope that for all of you who knew that I doubted so
much the purpose of all of this and if I would be a
good mom and all of that, that this email has been a
testimony of God's grace and how He provides all
things, above and beyond.


Whether it is going to a job each day, learning to
breastfeed, loving and caring for a husband, or just
getting up in the morning. It has never been more
clear to me that He provides and knows what each one
of us needs. I would have never imagined it would take
a little baby to make me see this clearly again, I
pray that it will continue each day, that the gospel
would be new to me each morning. And I pray this for
all of you as well in each of your places in life.


I love all of you so much and each of you have
touched me in such a way that I could never have
imagined.


Thank you for your love and support!


love,


Annie

No comments: